Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL......

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL......

They have us ranked at 20 before the season starts, I will take that any day of the week.....I am not sure who football savages is but I like what I read....

http://footballsavages.com/2014/06/2...ffensive-line/

20.) Miami Dolphins

Starters: Branden Albert, Dallas Thomas, Mike Pouncey, Shelley Smith, Ja’Waun James
    Contributors: Billy Turner, Tyler Larsen
    The Dolphins offensive line was the talk of league last year, for a lot of the wrong reasons. They made some major upgrades for 2014 including their big free agent splash Branden Albert. Albert is a consistently above average performer if he can stay healthy. I loved what they did in the draft by taking Billy Turner and Ja’Waun James. James should start right away and Turner won’t be far behind. Billy Turner is Sean Taylor trapped in an offensive lineman’s body.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's certainly an improvement, although it looks like they didn't take into account Pouncey's injury/absence which will clearly affect the line at least at the start of the season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    That's certainly an improvement, although it looks like they didn't take into account Pouncey's injury/absence which will clearly affect the line at least at the start of the season.
    Good point, would like to see how that line handles his absence in training camp......
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tackles are without a doubt an upgrade. May see a hit with run blocking when it comes to the guards, and Pouncey's absence won't help that, but we're not going to see guys crash in from the edge like they did basically all of last year. Also opens up the screen game a lot since our tackles could barely jog.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Left tackle is an upgrade, outside of that who knows. The guards on the surface seem a downgrade.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    King of Fools

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Whee, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    The guards on the surface seem a downgrade.
    i don't understand how you can think that. John Jerry had consistent been our worst lineman for multiple seasons, until last year's fiasco. Smith would surely have to be considered a PUSH at worst. at LG we had a undrafted free agent starting, who is still on the team. whoever wins the spot whether it is Thomas, Turner or Brenner with an extra year of development has to be considered better than what we had at the position last season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    finally have some depth with Larsen, turner, garner, and Brenner as back ups. hopefully dallas steps up, if not there are a couple hungry guys behind him.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Left tackle is an upgrade, outside of that who knows. The guards on the surface seem a downgrade.
    we got a lot more athletic up front. which is what we need in a zone scheme
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can blow as much pixi dust up your own backsides but the fact remains we have only 1
    proven offensive line man worth a damn starting the season...
    We'll find out soon enough where we stand when we play against an up an coming Buffalo defensive line the second game
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    They have us ranked at 20 before the season starts, I will take that any day of the week.....I am not sure who football savages is but I like what I read....

http://footballsavages.com/2014/06/2...ffensive-line/

20.) Miami Dolphins

Starters: Branden Albert, Dallas Thomas, Mike Pouncey, Shelley Smith, Ja’Waun James
    Contributors: Billy Turner, Tyler Larsen
    The Dolphins offensive line was the talk of league last year, for a lot of the wrong reasons. They made some major upgrades for 2014 including their big free agent splash Branden Albert. Albert is a consistently above average performer if he can stay healthy. I loved what they did in the draft by taking Billy Turner and Ja’Waun James. James should start right away and Turner won’t be far behind. Billy Turner is Sean Taylor trapped in an offensive lineman’s body.
    Not knowing who the site and link given are does not give any credibility to what they have to say, even though you may like it.

I have to believe anyone, whose opinion may matter, is waiting to see our guys play some. JMO
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiron View Post
    You can blow as much pixi dust up your own backsides but the fact remains we have only 1
    proven offensive line man worth a damn starting the season..
    We'll find out soon enough where we stand when we play against an up an coming Buffalo defensive line the second game
    Don't think we will have to wait that long. Mr. Bill has months to prepare for attacking this OL, and it could get ugly for RT IF these guys do not step up.
    Quote Quote