Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL......

  1. -11
    Zounds's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    7,529
    vCash:
    19469
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Left tackle is an upgrade, outside of that who knows. The guards on the surface seem a downgrade.
    By saying we downgraded, you would have to say that John Jerry and Richie Incognito are better fits for the ZBS than Dallas Thomas and Shelley Smith. That would be a very hard argument to make imo. Scheme fit alone makes our current guards an upgrade.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,186
    vCash:
    3619
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this is the first time since Philibin arrived that he has the athletic offensive lineman needed to run his system. I think the unit could be average with a chance to be better than average as the season goes on and players gain the cohesiveness that an offensive line needs.

    The loss of Pouncey is a big blow and there are still question marks, but essentially trading out Martin for Albert is going from well below average at LT to above average at the position. James should be an instant upgrade at RT. Neither Jerry or Incognito fit the system very well, while Turner and Thomas were athletic enough to play left tackle in college. Interested to see how it plays out.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,995
    vCash:
    35254
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    By saying we downgraded, you would have to say that John Jerry and Richie Incognito are better fits for the ZBS than Dallas Thomas and Shelley Smith. That would be a very hard argument to make imo. Scheme fit alone makes our current guards an upgrade.
    Dallas Thomas couldn't crack the lineup last year when incognito was suspended so how is automatically an upgrade over him.. Keller got playing time while Dallas continued to sit. At this point Thomas is not an upgrade to anybody maybe he shall prove to be. as for Smith he struggled badly in passing protection and also was not good enough to take an injured lineman's spot.
    Now could they both be upgrades, its quite possible but at this point there is no way that Thomas who was a backup that found no playing time at all last year with two guys suspended is an upgrade. Jerry and Smith is probably awash but overall that's still a downgrade with Thomas starting

    ---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Not knowing who the site and link given are does not give any credibility to what they have to say, even though you may like it.

    I have to believe anyone, whose opinion may matter, is waiting to see our guys play some. JMO
    You8 just don't get it. If the reports are positive its very credible, if they are negative they know nothing.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,875
    vCash:
    4317
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Preseason will tell us about both the draft class and the new offensive line coach. It took both Webb and Sims about 3 years to to make it happen in the Marino years as all pros as a reference.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,995
    vCash:
    35254
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Preseason will tell us about both the draft class and the new offensive line coach. It took both Webb and Sims about 3 years to to make it happen in the Marino years as all pros as a reference.
    Well Webb was a probowler from year one as for an all pro yes it took three years but he was a top tackle right out of the gate. We definitely are not talking about players that struggled to even get on the field like many of our guys
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    The truth is out there.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    15,959
    vCash:
    105317
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    We're starting multiple unknowns. How could we be ranked 20th?


    This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,995
    vCash:
    35254
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    We're starting multiple unknowns. How could we be ranked 20th?
    U make a good point but we could be there
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Buff's Avatar
    From a galaxy far far away....

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    1,662
    vCash:
    2920
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James is an upgrade. Anyone who thinks he isnt hasnt been watching the dolphins. Alberts is an upgrade over Martin. dallas Thomas is an unknown, but he cannot be any worse than Jerry, so at this stage, its a break even, although perhaps a slight edge as he is younger and now fit.. I loved Incog at G, loved his play, his aggression. I hope Turner displays enough to start and at least be good enough to stay there for the year, The loss of Pouncy is a massive blow. If Larsen can play centre to a good level, then the line should be good. Brenner, Garner are average backups.

    I still think we may be slightly better at O line that what we were last year.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,995
    vCash:
    35254
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    James is an upgrade. Anyone who thinks he isnt hasnt been watching the dolphins. Alberts is an upgrade over Martin. dallas Thomas is an unknown, but he cannot be any worse than Jerry, so at this stage, its a break even, although perhaps a slight edge as he is younger and now fit.. I loved Incog at G, loved his play, his aggression. I hope Turner displays enough to start and at least be good enough to stay there for the year, The loss of Pouncy is a massive blow. If Larsen can play centre to a good level, then the line should be good. Brenner, Garner are average backups.

    I still think we may be slightly better at O line that what we were last year.
    No way to say James is an upgrade just hopefulness. You claim Thomas can be no worse than Jerry but Thomas earned no playing time on a horrible line lat year
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,705
    vCash:
    19075
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

    NOT SO FAST

    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Dallas Thomas couldn't crack the lineup last year when incognito was suspended so how is automatically an upgrade over him.. Keller got playing time while Dallas continued to sit. At this point Thomas is not an upgrade to anybody maybe he shall prove to be. as for Smith he struggled badly in passing protection and also was not good enough to take an injured lineman's spot.
    Now could they both be upgrades, its quite possible but at this point there is no way that Thomas who was a backup that found no playing time at all last year with two guys suspended is an upgrade. Jerry and Smith is probably awash but overall that's still a downgrade with Thomas starting[COLOR="Silver"]



    ---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------



    You8 just don't get it. If the reports are positive its very credible, if they are negative they know nothing.
    I thought we already covered this explaining why "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" didn't make a concerted effort to retain Gibson, who led all receivers that year in 3rd down and TD completion percentages. But to reiterate, when the HC who got fired from his last job by the league's most forgiving owner, is also acting as the defacto GM, who has all of 6 winning seasons going on 19, 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4, and an OC who without the Colts laying down would have 2 winning seasons out of 8 and none in the last 3 are making the critical decisions - well, does their refusal to insert Smith reflect reality or the distinct possibility that once again that "gang" that couldn't shoot straight was typically misfiring? And did I mention they fired their DC too.


    geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation



    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. PFF rates the offensive lines
    By Casas9425 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
  2. Offensive ranking, you'll be surprised
    By Silentobserver in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:10 AM
  3. offensive lines win championships!!!!!!
    By finsgonewild in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 09:07 PM
  4. CBS Sportsline ranking NFL O-lines
    By Phins34 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 08:49 PM
  5. FF Index ranks the NFL's offensive lines:
    By baalworship in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2003, 09:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •