Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranking all 32 Offensive lines in the NFL......

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I thought we already covered this explaining why "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" didn't make a concerted effort to retain Gibson, who led all receivers that year in 3rd down and TD completion percentages. But to reiterate, when the HC who got fired from his last job by the league's most forgiving owner, is also acting as the defacto GM, who has all of 6 winning seasons going on 19, 2 in the last 9 and zero in the last 4, and an OC who without the Colts laying down would have 2 winning seasons out of 8 and none in the last 3 are making the critical decisions - well, does their refusal to insert Smith reflect reality or the distinct possibility that once again that "gang" that couldn't shoot straight was typically misfiring? And did I mention they fired their DC too.
    That's also explains why he was cut from Houston too I guess. I mean of course there is no way that Fisher might recognize if Smith was playing better in all that time. Both of thise winning percentages are better than our current coach in two years or current owner in 5 years.
    Lets no forget that Fisher was your favorite owner's top choice as coach but couldn't agree because he didn't want Ireland. A year later neither did the same owner. By your logic nothing our owner ever does can be right since he has put out a non winning product every season he has owned and resigned his coach and GM in consecutive years only to end up firing them the next.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    That's also explains why he was cut from Houston too I guess. I mean of course there is no way that Fisher might recognize if Smith was playing better in all that time. Both of thise winning percentages are better than our current coach in two years or current owner in 5 years.
    Lets no forget that Fisher was your favorite owner's top choice as coach but couldn't agree because he didn't want Ireland. A year later neither did the same owner. By your logic nothing our owner ever does can be right since he has put out a non winning product every season he has owned and resigned his coach and GM in consecutive years only to end up firing them the next.
    My favorite owner is Mickey Arison and he hired my favorite exec/GM.. so what you're spouting is a fallacy. And something tells me if Ross let Philbin hang in there as long as Bud Adams and Kronke did/have, he'd be dong better than zero winning seasons in 4 and definitely 2 in 9. Fisher should base his decisions on the George Costanza strategy: if I feel it's the right thing to do, I'll do the opposite. And if Smith was so bad in Houston, why did Fisher bring him on? 6 winning seasons in 18 and half? Come on, if Fisher thinks it's a sunny day, I'm bringing my raincoat. Gibson has already proved those 2 bozos wrong and I have no agenda to think their misuse of Smith was an anomaly to their overall decision-making records. Who doesn't believe that the Fisher/Schotty "braintrust" would have kept Bradford and traded the rights to Luck away if they had that opportunity? LOLOL

"geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish
    the tanny/sanchez days were here again" > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    My favorite owner is Mickey Arison and he hired my favorite exec/GM.. so what you're spouting is a fallacy. And something tells me if Ross let Philbin hang in there as long as Bud Adams and Kronke did/have, he'd be dong better than zero winning seasons in 4 and definitely 2 in 9. Fisher should base his decisions on the George Costanza strategy: if I feel it's the right thing to do, I'll do the opposite. And if Smith was so bad in Houston, why did Fisher bring him on? 6 winning seasons in 18 and half? Come on, if Fisher thinks it's a sunny day, I'm bringing my raincoat. Gibson has already proved those 2 bozos wrong and I have no agenda to think their misuse of Smith was an anomaly to their overall decision-making records. Who doesn't believe that the Fisher/Schotty "braintrust" would have kept Bradford and traded the rights to Luck away if they had that opportunity? LOLOL

Their braintrust has been no worse than ours. Not that I like theirs any better than ours. I didn't want fisher and I definitely did not want philbin.

As for Micky Arison football is so different than BAsketball you cannot even compare owners. Only in basketball can u compete for a championship then suddenly have only one player under contract.
    The only team I really admire in Basketball is the Spurs because they actually built a team from the ground up and built through smart drafting and trading.
    Im not a spurs fan but you have to admire how that team was put to together and beat the more celebrated team. Im a Celtics fan and hope we are on the right path but I give credit where its due.
    Basketball overall very teams really have a shot to win it all and a city like San Antonio constantly putting out a superior product while retaining players is downright amazing in the current NBA.
    Last edited by dlockz; 06-29-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe those guys on that site could rate the teams in order and we could just crown a SB champion now, saving future concussion lawsuits and a lot of pain and suffering by the players. We'd even have the draft order for next year all set. Plus, we'd know we would never again have a Bullygate, Spygate, Bountygate, or any other gate type scandal. Although I guess off season scandals would skyrocket as players would have even more time to find trouble. Gotta work that part out.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote