Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sports Buzz 6/27- Dolphins roster battles

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still expect the player to watch in ousting Marcus Thigpen is Damian Williams, if he's healthy. Williams is an experienced NFL player from the Titans and he had a big time college record at USC to be the 77th player drafted in 2010 (3rd round). The Titans gave up on him because of lack of availability re injuries and pure output, but he definitely has talent. If now fully healthy he is playing for his career, so you know he is hungry. He is still only 26, 6'1" 193 lbs and also reportedly extremely high character. (Williams founded a campus Bible study group known as Generate USC along with longtime teammate Mitch Mustain at Southern Cal. The group evolved to 85 people per week. In 2012 and 2013 he led a team to Guatamala (maybe this year too?) building homes and teaching children. He is recognized as one of the standout guys in the whole NFL re giving back.
    Jarvis Landry has such good hands, he would be safe as a returner, but his upside as our designated slot receiver on the team is better. I still expect Thigpen to be dead meat.
    Last edited by spiketex; 06-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I want to see more of the Brown kid at CB. If he can play and help the depth, that would be huge.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sure sounds like will davis is in trouble...once the pads come on is when you can really see his issues...

jimmy wilson locking down that nickle job...

damian williams should be camp fodder...don't waste a spot on the 53 for that guy
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    man there are going to be a few of the lower roster guys I want to keep around not making the team. Guys that can play and contribute when we get in a bind.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    I have to again bring up how much worse our special team's blocking was to the year before in Thigpen's defense. It made a big difference.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    sure sounds like will davis is in trouble...once the pads come on is when you can really see his issues...

damian williams should be camp fodder...don't waste a spot on the 53 for that guy
    I see Will Davis as a boom or bust prospect. He consistently makes interceptions but the big question is whether he is physically strong enough to compete. I hear that Will took a one hand freak interception the other day. With the talent we have assembled at WR, Davis will have his work cut out beating the likes of Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Landry. I still think that he has potentially better upside than Jamar Taylor, if his physical strength has significantly improved.

Agree to disagree re Damian Williams, if he's fully healthy.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I have to again bring up how much worse our special team's blocking was to the year before in Thigpen's defense. It made a big difference.
    That is true but some of his decision making last year really made me scratch my head despite the blocking problems.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    I see Will Davis as a boom or bust prospect. He consistently makes interceptions but the big question is whether he is physically strong enough to compete. I hear that Will took a one hand freak interception the other day. With the talent we have assembled at WR, Davis will have his work cut out beating the likes of Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Landry. I still think that he has potentially better upside than Jamar Taylor, if his physical strength has significantly improved.

Agree to disagree re Damian Williams, if he's fully healthy.
    davis is gonna have to tackle better to get run on specials even...his warts are already showing and the physical side of the game and the tackling required in our scheme hasn't even shown itself yet...both of which were very poor last year

as for williams as a returner i don't hate it i guess although i still think thiggy has a better feel for the job but as a wr that's a flat waste of time to keep...i'd play at least 5 guys and probably binns also before i would damian williams as a wr...and maybe this hazel kid too depending on how he shows come camp and the preseason...i know that williams is not an nfl caliber wr

i'm not keen on making jarvis landry the punt returner either...there's no doubt in my mind that he should be working his way into at minimum specific packages and sets in the offense...don't just ban him to specials cause we have other options...i'm sure once camp starts jarvis landry is gonna start creeping into some incumbents reps with the 1's etc...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Just saw this on Jackson's column. Probably a good time to take a break being it's the dullest time of year for sports.

07/01/2014
    Note to readers

This blog will be inactive for at least several weeks because I am on assignment and then on vacation.

Hope everyone has a good summer and thanks for making this The Herald's most-read blog in June.
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Just saw this on Jackson's column. Probably a good time to take a break being it's the dullest time of year for sports.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
    Yeah, team USA was a GREAT fill in but, now that's over. The only ting left is what the Heat are going to do, and the Marlins.
    Quote Quote