Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line

1. -21
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The great QBs thrive in spite of the environment.

no truer thing.

tanny has to show the world that he IS a true franchise qb and doesnt need everything in place and perfect to succeed.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look what happened to Atlanta last year when their line went south 4-12.....Yes, the best of QB's have to have a line in front of them.
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I used to think a line makes or breaks a QB, but now I think with the new rules where passing is more wide open, it's a symbiotic relationship. Good lines help a good QB look great and good QB's help good lines look great. Nobody can overcome a horrible line, but if it's just okay a good QB and offensive scheme should get you to the playoffs.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did.

take away the 94 probowl talent skill players that philly has and see how great that o-line actually is. like nate newton always says, "we were no slouches, but players like emmit and troy and michael made us look so much better than we really were".

if there was no DAN MARINO, those lines of that time who were only allowing 9 sacks a season would have NEVER accomplished that with ome other qb. not even CLOSE!! danny got rid of the ball so fast and could feel pressure with some sort of other wordly looking 6th sense and could side step defenders in the pocket like a ballerina. THAT is why those lines looked soooooo great and got sooooo many props.

that offense of phillies is 60% scheme/coaching....30% skill players and MAYBE 10% o-line.

like most o-lines that feature great quarter backing and kill players, they get WAY more credit at times than they deserve. the GREATS....., qb, wr, rb, te do not have to rely on much else than their other wordly talent. did jerry rice ever give a poop about what db he faced in any given week? did dan marino ever give a damn about what pass ruher he was facing? did emmit smith or jim brown or oj or dickerson care one bit who the defense was that week? NO, THEY DIDNT!! and it usually made them more motivated and focused as they THRIVE on pressure and have the desire and skill to beat the best, no matter what is going on around them.

tanny [and the fans] are running out of excuses for his short comings. he and the fans can only squawk about the o-line getting him the sacks and not address his tendency to not get rid of the ball on time for so long. the time has run out. he can play or he can't. he can hit the fastest down field threat in the game or he cant. he can scramble out of the collapsing pocket or........, he can't.

the "if we only would have had mike pouncy" excuse, [that already seems to be in place if things dont go right] wont wash. one guy doesnt make an o-line and their are teams winning every year who dont have a mike pouncy!!

our future rides on tanny's arm this year. he has to show dennis hickey that he IS a franchise qb and deserves the money and the years a TRUE franchise qb get's. if he doesn't, hickey will be forced into a decision that could be another 10 year killer like wanny hanging on to feebler or saban choosing culpepper over drew brees. we need for tanny to outright show that he IS a true franchise qb and doesnt have to have everything perfect for him to succeed.

i dont want hickey [or any other gm] to be faced with a guessing game that can potentially destroy our team for the next decade or more.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    Why is it that everyone feels they need to come on here and be a dick in every single thread? I cant find another message board from another team (including Jets fans) where everyone has to be a dick all the time. It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.
    You won't be missed. Please go.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboynemo View Post
    Look what happened to Atlanta last year when their line went south 4-12.....Yes, the best of QB's have to have a line in front of them.
    They had injuries all over. Look how Luck and Wilson performed with weak lines.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    From a galaxy far far away....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sydney Australia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    Why is it that everyone feels they need to come on here and be a dick in every single thread? I cant find another message board from another team (including Jets fans) where everyone has to be a dick all the time. It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.
    We really needed another thread about our o line didn't we. If the op posted something we didn't already know, then yeah, no problem. But that, mate, tell me I am wrong.
    I RESPECT EVERYONES POINT OF VIEW & OPINION....REGARDLESS OF HOW WRONG THEY ARE

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why not discuss the OL everyday Buff...I think they are the major source of our pain for the last two years. Not only do I believe it, but every NFL talking head will state that it's the Dolphins "limiting factor".
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    We really needed another thread about our o line didn't we. If the op posted something we didn't already know, then yeah, no problem. But that, mate, tell me I am wrong.
    I can see how some are not interested in reading something that is not new to them, but a lot of fans are not on here daily for a number of reasons, including military service. They might get a couple of days a month to check out Dolphin news and I do not blame them if they do not first read 100 or so threads to see if their point was well covered already. I go to phins.com for my Dolphin news and there are at least 5 articles from different writers on the same subject daily. Should someone really take the time to read the same articles and then tell the writer that someone else already wrote something similar? I guess if that is your thing then go for it. I would just like to see my team's fans show a little class towards each other if no one else.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from WVDolphan
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU2000 View Post
    You won't be missed. Please go.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

They had injuries all over. Look how Luck and Wilson performed with weak lines.
    Wilson is the most overrated QB in the league.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Face it. Tannehill was done for by being drafted here. The dysfunctional culture around this team is too pervasive. Look at rhe coaching, qb and ol carousel.
    Quote Quote