Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line

1. -11
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    WASHINGTON, D.c.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agreed!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgetown, Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep...this is where I come to cry about all thing Dolphin. I guess I'm just venting my frustration...Everytime I read or hear something about Pouncey and reshuffling this or that, it just pisses me off more and more. Good teams are stable, we can't seem to get this fixed. Every NFL talk show or radio broadcast says the same damn thing, "Miami won't compete until they get the O-line fixed ".
    "I'll read anything Dolphin, even the crap Omar writes"
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
    In Lazor's offense the ball is going to come out much faster. Much fewer sacks for that reason alone. No patting the ball waiting to get hammered.
    You may be correct, but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did. If fans think we are going to have anything close to the same kind of offense in Miami with the downgraded OL we have here, you are fooling yourselves. Gonna take a couple of years to get this OL straighten out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    You may be correct, but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did. If fans think we are going to have anything close to the same kind of offense in Miami with the downgraded OL we have here, you are fooling yourselves. Gonna take a couple of years to get this OL straighten out.
    I think you're right on that. This is not a 1 year fix but it seems like a lot of people think that because we drafted a tackle in the 1st round and made some other changes that it is already better. Albert is definitely an upgrade as long as he is healthy. Otherwise, we have to see how these new guys play together in this system, and how James comes along. But the ball should be coming out faster this year which helps them in pass protection over last year's group at least.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is year three of the Tannehill experiment: the year in which a QB is expected to put up or shut up. Remember, the average QB is defined by his environment. The great QBs thrive in spite of the environment. So far Tannehill has done nothing to show that he is anything other than a member of the average group. Let's hope that this season is the season that he moves from the average to the great.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Call it semantics, but, The OL is alot more *stable* without J Martin, Pouncey, & Richie.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I went back and looked at the teams we lost to last year and almost every one of them had a dominant defensive line. The teams we beat did not, with the exception of a New England game and a Jets game where the Jets scored only 3 points. Our scoring also was abysmal with the exception of the Pittsburgh game after our offensive line fiasco. I think any stability on the offensive line will help us. The loss of Pouncey will definitely hurt, but at least it is happening before training camp and our replacement will get all the snaps at the position for a few months.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Excellant thread. Insiteful, informative and up to date.
    Why is it that everyone feels they need to come on here and be a dick in every single thread? I cant find another message board from another team (including Jets fans) where everyone has to be a dick all the time. It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no one has seen this line do ANYTHING yet and its already being trashed by fans?

jet fans are choking on their tounge's laughing so hard.

as i have said, if pouncy is this line, then we were doomed before this season ever got going. nothing against pouncy, but ONE GUY can not be the key to everything outside of a qb.

there are a LOT of teams winning every year who dont have a center as good as mike pouncy.
    For Those Who Ride The Other Side

HOWARD: rip my brother.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    TRUE AMERICAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is getting so bad that I never want to visit the site anymore because of the lack of maturity.

you are not the only one who has noticed this. your not alone.

boards are topsy-turvy at times, especially big boards like this. but, you are right, we have had a HUGE barrage of trash, bash and condescending posts.

i have seen this board go through a lot harsher nonsense than this. we have even had staff members in the past PUBLICLY call members out in using profanity, some even threatening bodily harm in emails [pretty stupid as you never know who you have on the other side of that pc. some have the power and connections to find you ANYWHERE you live or work and do very bad things to you. and that kind of thing, by a mod or admin or even just another poster is not only cowardly, but ILLEGAL and out right dangerous!!].

those ones who were guilty of that are long gone now but yes, we have been suffering a major barrage of some VERY immature and annoying posts. EVERYONE looks at and are members of other finz boards. this can be a good thing as it gives one a break from the issues like these that arise on ones favored board, but, they can also point up how bad the other board has become in certain areas.

all a person can do is wait and see if it's addressed or someone is brought in who CAN or Will change it, or, it is allowed to continue and some other site becomes your home board and the site loses a good, and a lot of times long term member.

i say all this a a generic statement for message boards. and we have suffered through some things that were allowed to go on WAY to long over the years and there are many posters out there who have been gone a LONG time. and even though there have been changes in staff, the damage was done and many of those publicly swear they are never posting here again. and havn't.

and just about all boards that have been around a while have had this happen. not JUST this one. and you cant please everyone. but......, when these kind of things get bigger and bigger and more frequent, it is very annoying and makes a board look cheap. you hope that the offending POSTERS will see the light after they have been chastised over and over by other members and stop rather than waiting on staff.

sometimes they start to realize how annoying they are and stop or..... they become so sick that the reaction they have been trying to achieve in't manifesting and they roll along to another site to appoint themselves as the boards resident court jester and see if their act catches on there.

ride it out for while longer. yeah, it's annoying right now, but hopefully some of these ones will move on and it ill settle down. [and all that annoying jet fan laughter will stop!!]
    Quote Quote