Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The return of Samson Satele? He is coming in for a workout Monday

1. -31
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    Satele, 29, then started three seasons for the Raiders, before moving on to Indianapolis, where he started 11 games in 2012 and 13 in 2013.

Pro Football Focus rated Satele 31st among 35 qualifying centers last season ---- 18th as a pass blocker but last as a run blocker. He allowed one sack.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy

Not much help for the running game but at least with Samson our QB might stay upright.
    If luck was not his qb im sure the number would be higher

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    I think we need to bring in a veteran center, even if it is Satele, for insurance. There are several contingencies we must be prepared for. I would like to think we give Larsen and Brenner all the chances to win the job. If they can't, or if they get nicked up during preseason or early part of the season we have Satele. Or if Pouncy's recovery takes longer than expected, then we have a guy who can at least understand the playbook. This is an insurance move.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
    Why is Satele an option when he doesn't block people?

A lineman the doesn't block, that makes sense.

Let's bring Wilford back to catch the ball for us while we are at it.
    As a backup he is an ok option. probably is no worse overall than Shelly Smith who many like on this board.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    I honestly rather watch Larsen and Brenner take turns getting beat than see him come back. I would let the 35 year old ex cowboy try out before him..
    IMO wheather its Satele or another OL we have enough time , Training camp and preseason to get this fixed , we will have more options when the cut down to the 53 men , Miami Knows that IF they go into the season like last year , with cap space , and do nothing to fix the OL injurys , Ross WILL have a **** fit , and WILL FIRE ALL !! Miami is a pro Football Team with Pro Coaches , and they had Better step up to the plate , IMO Miami is taking all levels to get this OL fixed , and i really think we will be pretty good at the OL poss by the time traing camp /preseason rolls around , I cant see Philbin and com. being dumb enough to let it go like last year ? WE ARE EXPLORING ALL OPTIONS......

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Punching Bag

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    IMO wheather its Satele or another OL we have enough time , Training camp and preseason to get this fixed , we will have more options when the cut down to the 53 men , Miami Knows that IF they go into the season like last year , with cap space , and do nothing to fix the OL injurys , Ross WILL have a **** fit , and WILL FIRE ALL !! Miami is a pro Football Team with Pro Coaches , and they had Better step up to the plate , IMO Miami is taking all levels to get this OL fixed , and i really think we will be pretty good at the OL poss by the time traing camp /preseason rolls around , I cant see Philbin and com. being dumb enough to let it go like last year ? WE ARE EXPLORING ALL OPTIONS......
    Mia is a pro football team with pro football coaches that has sucked for a long time now.
    Name me the last head coach that left us and got another hc job in the nfl
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mia is a pro football team with pro football coaches that has sucked for a long time now.
    True , there isnt one , the Don retired with us , there are a couple that got cordinator jobs but no HC jobs ..
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO the only good thing out of all this is ,atleast it isnt the same HC , Hopefully what we have Now dont make the same stupid decisions as the past has done , i just hope that this coaching staff exc . step up to the plate ..
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I know they signed a guard and a tackle. A guard that barely cracked a bad situation at guard when the starter got injured and a tackle that has more dnp in 4 years than he does have plays.
    I don't even count Fox as a signing. He gets injured lacing up his sneakers
    I wasn't counting Fox, either. that makes 2 tackles and a guard signed in free agency
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_taylor View Post
    True , there isnt one , the Don retired with us , there are a couple that got cordinator jobs but no HC jobs ..
    Nick Saban could easily get a head coach job in NFL if he wanted . A couple of our OC's have gotten head coaching jobs. None of our DC's have.This will probably be Philbin's only head coaching stop. Sparano will never get another HC gig in NFL, Cameron may in college.
    Kind of funny and amazing that Cameron is the OC at LSU now. One day Todd Bowles may be a head NFL coach besides intrim and Im sure Mike Nolan gets another chance.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rent this space View Post
    I wasn't counting Fox, either. that makes 2 tackles and a guard signed in free agency
    You were not counting Fox for good reason. He only can play like 4 games a year anyway. Look up injury prone in the dictionary and u see his picture
    Quote Quote