Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most?

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Soliai ended up in a city that is no cupcake. He was also paid very nicely.

So I guess market demand for Paul is also a very good indicator of his worth.
    I really liked Solia but, his best value was playing NT on a 3-4 team. Mitchell did not look very good vs the run last year but that will happen to a 295 pound guy trying to play NT when he's 30 pounds too light. I expect him to play much better at DT, and surprise many Phans.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I think Dimitri Patterson will be our biggest loss. I understand the argument that he was hurt last year, but if he is healthy this year then the Jets get a starting corner and a hell of a play maker. I'm hoping he doesn't see the field this year, especially against us.

He was always hurt and never played. Can't miss something you never really had
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    Soliai. Earl Mitchell has done nothing to date that says he can play at Soliai level. Nothing.
    This.

Soliai was a monster that demanded a double team any time a team ran up the middle. In the pass rush he commanded a double team as well. Most people do not realize how vital that is for freeing up our gap penetrator DT's and fast DE's to rush the passer or stuff the run. It also kept our MLB clean to make tackles.

Mitchell is another gap penetrator DT. He is being lined up to take Starks' place. Without Soliai, OL can double any of those gap penetrators and neutralize their quickness and take them out of the play.

Some teams we could slow down last year will run it down our throats this year. No Disrespect to Mitchell, but we will miss Paul Soliai more than our other losses.
    "I want guys who want to make an impact on and off the field. Good human beings. Guys who want to get better. Guys who want to improve. They want to be great, want to win. Those types of guys we can work with every day." --Joe Philbin
    - Defending the Read Option - What do you think?
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    This.

Soliai was a monster that demanded a double team any time a team ran up the middle. In the pass rush he commanded a double team as well. Most people do not realize how vital that is for freeing up our gap penetrator DT's and fast DE's to rush the passer or stuff the run. It also kept our MLB clean to make tackles.

Mitchell is another gap penetrator DT. He is being lined up to take Starks' place. Without Soliai, OL can double any of those gap penetrators and neutralize their quickness and take them out of the play.

Some teams we could slow down last year will run it down our throats this year. No Disrespect to Mitchell, but we will miss Paul Soliai more than our other losses.
    I do get what you are saying but, Soliai was much worse vs the run in 2012, while the team was much better. IMO, it comes down to the LB play. IF Misi is a beast in the middle, and Ellerbe and Wheeler remember how to play, we will be much improved vs the run. IF not, we are in trouble.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I do get what you are saying but, Soliai was much worse vs the run in 2012, while the team was much better. IMO, it comes down to the LB play. IF Misi is a beast in the middle, and Ellerbe and Wheeler remember how to play, we will be much improved vs the run. IF not, we are in trouble.
    I don't think Ellerbee and Wheeler forgot how to play more a case of them being judged on the one good year as opposed to the rest of their career which was far from stellar
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I don't think Ellerbee and Wheeler forgot how to play more a case of them being judged on the one good year as opposed to the rest of their career which was far from stellar
    IMO, if a player is able to play well one year he should be able to do the same again. We shall see.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree Soliai's loss will be felt the most, but I think the player that leaves us and has a monster season is Patterson.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    IMO, if a player is able to play well one year he should be able to do the same again. We shall see.
    shouldn't a player be more judged on the sum of their body of work instead of the one season though.
    Ellerbee struggled to break the starting lineup over MclAin o any of the outside backers in Balt for years, Wheeler the previous year was passed over by us after a tryout but yet he was somehow good because he played solid one season.
    Its about consistency.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsh8r View Post
    I agree Soliai's loss will be felt the most, but I think the player that leaves us and has a monster season is Patterson.
    He stays injured and to this point has never had a monster season so I wouldn't bet on it. Anything is possible. I think he just fit in our scheme very well. He has played many plays where he did not fit in scheme or did not play well.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Soliai will hurt this year

But carroll will be the biggest loss long term
    Quote Quote