Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Dolphins spend their cap room

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFin View Post
    There could be a big change coming next year, if they sign RT to a long term deal. I personally would love to see that as it would mean he finally stepped up to be a top QB.
    With the salary cap projected to take a big jump, and the way the team has managed the cap, a big contract for RT will not have much of an immediate impact. However it will a couple years later if we do not start hitting on draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thinking about the comments above about our offensive line still being a worry; I am wondering if they are hoping top rely on getting the ball out more quickly than last year. That's a staple of the offense we think Lazore is bringing. I think less post snap reading of the field is what they will try to do because this is one of Tannehill's issues. We know we are looking more at zone blocking too so I'm thinking more pre snap determinations (I think Tannehill has really improved at that), and less post snap decisions along with moving the pocket could help avoid sacks. The part I still wonder about is are our supposedly zone blocking guys really nimble enough to have the mobility necessary for a ZBS and moving the pocket regularly.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Thinking about the comments above about our offensive line still being a worry; I am wondering if they are hoping top rely on getting the ball out more quickly than last year. That's a staple of the offense we think Lazore is bringing. I think less post snap reading of the field is what they will try to do because this is one of Tannehill's issues. We know we are looking more at zone blocking too so I'm thinking more pre snap determinations (I think Tannehill has really improved at that), and less post snap decisions along with moving the pocket could help avoid sacks. The part I still wonder about is are our supposedly zone blocking guys really nimble enough to have the mobility necessary for a ZBS and moving the pocket regularly.
    The guys we now have are hand picked to fit our ZBS, and their mobility should be no issue. The question is if they can block after moving. Benton had all good fits on his OL in Houston last year but, not the talent, and they struggled.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Where is the $16M which has not been spent. Very curious to see where that goes.
    I'm expecting some of it to be used on extending Clay and Odrick.

And Jason_Taylor is right, this isn't the time to be passive with the cap, its now or never for pretty much everybody involved and this is the time to be pretty aggressive with the remaining cap space. Smoke em if you got em.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I'm expecting some of it to be used on extending Clay and Odrick.

And Jason_Taylor is right, this isn't the time to be passive with the cap, its now or never for pretty much everybody involved and this is the time to be pretty aggressive with the remaining cap space. Smoke em if you got em.
    Yeah, Clay and Odrick are MUST signs.

Last year, Tannehill got killed, and we had no chance of running. This year, there is a fair chance of the same thing happening but we did not want to overspend on the OL, except for doing so with Albert, and then again with Finnegen. But, we do have $16M of cap space left for a "rainy year" down the line.
    Quote Quote