Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colledge- Starter or Depth?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Colledge- Starter or Depth?

I think it was a good signing but, not sure if the team is thinking of him starting or depth. When we see the contract, it should add some insight. I was guessing he could get up to $3M for a 1 year deal. To compare, Shelly got $5.5M for 2 years, with a $1.5M guarantee.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point I think they are throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks. Just another guy to throw into the mix and hope that he either rises above the others or that the good ol' competition makes somebody else rise. Kind of what we've often done in the past.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think more then anything he is insurance policy just in case Shelly Smith can't get his pass-blocking fixed. The way Dallas Thomas is looking, if it continues, he's a shoe in to start at L-guard, but Smith being the top run-blocking guard is not going to cut it on Miami's team.

Miami's line needs to be a top pass-blocking team that can that can keep Ryan upright 1st and foremost, being a one dimensional run-blocking guard will not work out for Shelly if he wants to start.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Starter until Pouncey returns. If he is good, he sticks at RG.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    At this point I think they are throwing poop at the wall and seeing what sticks. Just another guy to throw into the mix and hope that he either rises above the others or that the good ol' competition makes somebody else rise. Kind of what we've often done in the past.
    The good, as well as the bad, is that Benton has many options at OG and center. I would hate to see this competition drag on into the preseason. It's tuff enough to put 5 new guys on the field together without not knowing who is playing where.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    The good, as well as the bad, is that Benton has many options at OG and center. I would hate to see this competition drag on into the preseason. It's tuff enough to put 5 new guys on the field together without not knowing who is playing where.
    Why wouldn't you want it to "drag into the preseason?" Of course you do! If it doesn't, it means that we have ZERO competition. I want guys that can replace each other in a pinch and have every chance to start. I don't want a bunch of back-ups that just suck. That is what you get if things don't "drag into the preseason."
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I think more then anything he is insurance policy just in case Shelly Smith can't get his pass-blocking fixed. The way Dallas Thomas is looking, if it continues, he's a shoe in to start at L-guard, but Smith being the top run-blocking guard is not going to cut it on Miami's team.

Miami's line needs to be a top pass-blocking team that can that can keep Ryan upright 1st and foremost, being a one dimensional run-blocking guard will not work out for Shelly if he wants to start.
    I don't believe that Lazor wants us to be the pass happy team of last year, and wants to create a balance. Until someone/anyone on the OL proves they can run block, Shelly has a pretty good shot here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't feel any of our guards should be starting outside of the unknown rookie which u cannot judge yet but its not like we have a choice.
    He is the only guard that has proven he is a starter in the NFL the rest have been career backups
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post
    Why wouldn't you want it to "drag into the preseason?" Of course you do! If it doesn't, it means that we have ZERO competition. I want guys that can replace each other in a pinch and have every chance to start. I don't want a bunch of back-ups that just suck. That is what you get if things don't "drag into the preseason."
    The reason is simple. The OL, above all other aspects of the team, has to play together. The longer it takes to have 5 new guys doing that, the worse they are.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I don't feel any of our guards should be starting outside of the unknown rookie which u cannot judge yet but its not like we have a choice.
    He is the only guard that has proven he is a starter in the NFL the rest have been career backups
    Where does he play?
    Quote Quote