Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colledge- Starter or Depth?

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Thirteen View Post
    Some Cards fans believe Colledge was their best lineman last season. I didn't realise he was that solid for them. Some encouragement...
    He was Clabo reversed in having 6 good games in the first half, including SF, Seattle. Carolina, and no good games in the second half with 5 bad ones.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    He was Clabo reversed in having 6 good games in the first half, including SF, Seattle. Carolina, and no good games in the second half with 5 bad ones.
    I wonder if it was conditioning or an injury maybe?
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As bad as our tackles were last year, when teams in our division needed to make a play on our O, they came right up the middle. Our guards were pitiful and have been for years. I hope our youngsters develop into something special because these retreads are a temporary stopgap at best.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To me it looks like the Coaches weren't that impressed with Dallas Thomas after all. I was never fooled for one minute becaused he was first on the depth chart at LG. I know what I saw last year and it had NOTHING to do with his shoulder surgery. He just can't play, the coaches may be seeing that and they now have the need to go get a veteran LG. Keep in mind even though Pouncey's injury leaves a hole in the O-Line, he is a C not a G.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    The Oracle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My very strong and informed position is that i really have no idea.....................
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I wonder if it was conditioning or an injury maybe?
    No idea if Colledge had injury problems in the second half but, hard to believe it would be conditioning. Same no idea on what happened to Clabo in the first 6 games, and then being ou best OL in the last 9. I even wondered if Cog and crew had some bearing on his adapting.

IF Colledge plays as he did in the first half, we could have a good starting OG. If he plays as he did in the second half, it will be a bad signing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    To me it looks like the Coaches weren't that impressed with Dallas Thomas after all. I was never fooled for one minute becaused he was first on the depth chart at LG. I know what I saw last year and it had NOTHING to do with his shoulder surgery. He just can't play, the coaches may be seeing that and they now have the need to go get a veteran LG. Keep in mind even though Pouncey's injury leaves a hole in the O-Line, he is a C not a G.
    I wont judge Thomas on some stuff done in shorts. So far I know he wasn't good enough to get playing time on a horrible oline last year.
    He may be a better player in pads this year, definitely hope so.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    No idea if Colledge had injury problems in the second half but, hard to believe it would be conditioning. Same no idea on what happened to Clabo in the first 6 games, and then being ou best OL in the last 9. I even wondered if Cog and crew had some bearing on his adapting.

IF Colledge plays as he did in the first half, we could have a good starting OG. If he plays as he did in the second half, it will be a bad signing.
    He still should be better than anyone else we had on roster to start at guard. Guard is still a huge weakness until proven otherwise. My take is whoever plays guard will probably be about as effective as John Jerry was or would be.
    Jerry was nothing special but was not a complete disaster at guard. I see us as below average at the position still
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I wont judge Thomas on some stuff done in shorts. So far I know he wasn't good enough to get playing time on a horrible oline last year.
    He may be a better player in pads this year, definitely hope so.
    Yeah, the move was made after the Pouncey injury. Don't see it as a reflection on Dallas one way or the other.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    He still should be better than anyone else we had on roster to start at guard. Guard is still a huge weakness until proven otherwise. My take is whoever plays guard will probably be about as effective as John Jerry was or would be.
    Jerry was nothing special but was not a complete disaster at guard. I see us as below average at the position still
    Jerry was good in pass blocking but, nothing on the run. Shelly is good on the run but, nothing in pass protect. Finding an OG who can do both around average would be a VG thing. Cog was actually one but, not a good fit, among other things. lol
    Quote Quote