Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Colledge- Starter or Depth?

  1. -31
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    20,798
    vCash:
    25422
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    The reason is simple. The OL, above all other aspects of the team, has to play together. The longer it takes to have 5 new guys doing that, the worse they are.
    This. This. A thousand times this!
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1





    "The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,844
    vCash:
    33882
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Jerry was good in pass blocking but, nothing on the run. Shelly is good on the run but, nothing in pass protect. Finding an OG who can do both around average would be a VG thing. Cog was actually one but, not a good fit, among other things. lol
    I think Cog was very overated PFF wise and on field wise. He has never been deserving of a pro bowl although its pure popularity. That being said Incognito who I think was very average was better than any guard we have on roster. Im glad he is gone though. He is an idiot , a poor leader and a pure headcase.
    Cogs as a player doesn't hurt you on the oline with his play. If you have top level people around him your line will be solid. if you have the crap we had last year he wont make it beter
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,844
    vCash:
    33882
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Jerry was good in pass blocking but, nothing on the run. Shelly is good on the run but, nothing in pass protect. Finding an OG who can do both around average would be a VG thing. Cog was actually one but, not a good fit, among other things. lol
    That's another reason I don't feel like Smith is an upgrade to anybody. St Louis for all its flaws has a decent line coach and he didn't seem to see Shelly as anything special. Hell our own line coach dindt think he was good enough to keep on roster in Houston so who knows.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    uk_dolfan's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2012
    Posts:
    7,142
    vCash:
    16470
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    No clue... depth I hope
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    11,518
    vCash:
    6440
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I think Cog was very overated PFF wise and on field wise. He has never been deserving of a pro bowl although its pure popularity. That being said Incognito who I think was very average was better than any guard we have on roster. Im glad he is gone though. He is an idiot , a poor leader and a pure headcase.
    Cogs as a player doesn't hurt you on the oline with his play. If you have top level people around him your line will be solid. if you have the crap we had last year he wont make it beter
    I watched Cog on tape since he came here. He was not a Pro Bowl player but, he was average or above each year. I'll take that, and twice on Sundays, for two OG's.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,844
    vCash:
    33882
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    I watched Cog on tape since he came here. He was not a Pro Bowl player but, he was average or above each year. I'll take that, and twice on Sundays, for two OG's.
    I would agree he was average as a player but he was definitely not worth the extra that he brought with him.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    20,798
    vCash:
    25422
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I would agree he was average as a player but he was definitely not worth the extra that he brought with him.
    Well ...

    As much as it bit us directly in the ass last season, he did rid us of the *****.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,844
    vCash:
    33882
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    Well ...

    As much as it bit us directly in the ass last season, he did rid us of the *****.
    yea just another wasted second round pick. Who knows maybe if you don't have a toxic player like Cogs this never becomes an issue. Martin was a decent oline prospect for us before the meltdown.
    he needed a lot of improvement but he had been far from a bust on the field. As a prospect don't see James as superior to him. MArtin was actually much better than James in college even though that means nothing at pro level.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    cafinfan408's Avatar
    Punching Bag

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    3,549
    vCash:
    3473
    Loc:
    Shark city
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    yea just another wasted second round pick. Who knows maybe if you don't have a toxic player like Cogs this never becomes an issue. Martin was a decent oline prospect for us before the meltdown.
    he needed a lot of improvement but he had been far from a bust on the field. As a prospect don't see James as superior to him. MArtin was actually much better than James in college even though that means nothing at pro level.
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Decent o line prospect before the bust?! That was one of the worst rookie seasons i have seen from a o lineman from an effort and strength standpoint.. In his second year he got yanked from LT mid season than you get your bust..
    Luck would always have to turn his shoulders and run at Stanford too.. He didnt just learn how to move in the nfl


    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    We've got to make HOF an honorary Crew member.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBeckHOF View Post
    I want no part of induction into your sinful little get-together you have here, squatting on internet bandwith that could be used in better, more productive ways.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    32,844
    vCash:
    33882
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cafinfan408 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Decent o line prospect before the bust?! That was one of the worst rookie seasons i have seen from a o lineman from an effort and strength standpoint.. In his second year he got yanked from LT mid season than you get your bust..
    Luck would always have to turn his shoulders and run at Stanford too.. He didnt just learn how to move in the nfl
    martin was one of the best pass protectors in college. as for getting yanked he still was starting and mckinnie cannot play right tackle. if he didn't quit on team he would still be a starter for us.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 03:55 PM
  2. Dolphins to meet with Daryn Colledge
    By gafin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM
  3. Daryn Colledge Interest Per Rotoworld
    By natetherock in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM
  4. MiamiDolphins.coms depth chart doesnt show Camarillo as starter.
    By DolfanMan4Life in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 01:17 PM
  5. Fiedler Named Starter and #1 on Depth Chart
    By FinFanGirl in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •