Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Lucy Review

  1. -1
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,163
    vCash:
    13066
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Lucy Review

    I went to see "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johansen and Morgan Freeman on Saturday
    with my wife at the Cinemark Theatre in Victoria, TX.

    I'm glad I went at the matinee showing. It was an ok movie, slightly better than average overall.
    What really lifts the movie is the performances of the individual actors (resses). The bit players
    are all good, down to the goons, and Johansen is very good. Freeman is as Freeman does, which
    is to say, he's also excellent in a relatively minor role.

    The essential idea is that a party girl away from home in the far east (Presumably Malaysia)
    gets caught up in the drug trade and has a bag of drugs put in her belly for shipment. The bag
    breaks and chaos ensues.

    I would not reccommend paying full price for this movie, but it's a decent enough popcorn muncher
    for five bucks, and my wife enjoyed it immensely.

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    20,555
    vCash:
    17805
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you have to shoot any rowdy inconsiderate youth intent on spoiling the experience?







    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,163
    vCash:
    13066
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Did you have to shoot any rowdy inconsiderate youth intent on spoiling the experience?
    I usually avoid that by going to the Matinee.

    There was a group that sat behind us a bit that was a little loud to start with, but
    we didn't have any issues with them.

    Only one cell phone issue that I noticed.

    One laughable thing; Cinemark offers rewards for complying with cell phone rules.
    How about just having respect for other people?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,746
    vCash:
    14283
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey, I've been to that cinema. Glad you didn't have to shoot anyone. I've never had any problem there.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,163
    vCash:
    13066
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Hey, I've been to that cinema. Glad you didn't have to shoot anyone. I've never had any problem there.
    The savages don't come out until after dark I suppose.
    I went at 1;30 in the afternoon. I swear to god Buddy, I don't understand how you tolerate that complete ****hole.
    Lowes was mobbed at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,746
    vCash:
    14283
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My wife and family pretty well hate Victoria although we like Texas a lot. They liked Hallettsville a lot better. We would like to get somewhere a little better but my job dictates what we do right now.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,163
    vCash:
    13066
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    My wife and family pretty well hate Victoria although we like Texas a lot. They liked Hallettsville a lot better. We would like to get somewhere a little better but my job dictates what we do right now.
    Halletsville seems nice.

    I carpool with a guy from there into work now.
    I use the Tractor Supply in Cuero for most things in terms of tools and various implements, but
    we have to go to Victoria for lots of stuff.....(Inclding ammunition)

    I bought my New (To me) truck from Victoria and the mosquitos were ****ing outlandish.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,746
    vCash:
    14283
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Halletsville seems nice.

    I carpool with a guy from there into work now.
    I use the Tractor Supply in Cuero for most things in terms of tools and various implements, but
    we have to go to Victoria for lots of stuff.....(Inclding ammunition)

    I bought my New (To me) truck from Victoria and the mosquitos were ****ing outlandish.
    If you like Mexican food, the new Las Casas restaurant in Hallettsville is amazing. Several of my Mexican friends said it was as good as their grandmothers food. It is righteous!

    We moved to Victoria to be closer to work but have regretted that decision. Hallettsville is an hour from everything but is an amazing place to live. I like Yoakum and Cuero way, way better than Victoria.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,163
    vCash:
    13066
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    If you like Mexican food, the new Las Casas restaurant in Hallettsville is amazing. Several of my Mexican friends said it was as good as their grandmothers food. It is righteous!

    We moved to Victoria to be closer to work but have regretted that decision. Hallettsville is an hour from everything but is an amazing place to live. I like Yoakum and Cuero way, way better than Victoria.
    Mpve to Yoakum and we can carpool to Victoria to watch Dolphins games
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,746
    vCash:
    14283
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not a bad idea.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. lucy liu
    By oreed in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 03:25 PM
  2. and Here's Lucy
    By Lorenzo Rules in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 01:17 AM
  3. Sexy LUCY LIU
    By Walking25 in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:51 AM
  4. Lucy
    By dreday in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 10:10 AM
  5. Lucy Pinder...WOW
    By Slappy8800 in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •