Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Prediction time - Tannehill's 2014 stats

1. -51
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think projecting the season based on the 1st quarter will end up being accurate.

I expect it to get better as the season progresses and the new offense becomes second nature to the players.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

2. -52
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFin View Post
    I don't think projecting the season based on the 1st quarter will end up being accurate.

I expect it to get better as the season progresses and the new offense becomes second nature to the players.
    Last year at this time Ryan was on pace to break 4000 yards. He had 174 more passing yards and 65% completion rate as compared to 60% this year.
    But he had 5 TD's and 5 Ints. So he did trend upward in TDs and less ints but slightly less in yards.

Being it is a totally new offense I agree that these number should continue to trend upward as the season goes and the offense become more second nature.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Will Miami's offense score at will as easy as they did against the Raiders in most games after the bye? Probably not, but start expecting Tannehill to look closer to the QB you saw against the Raiders, then the one in the 3 games before that.

This was only the 2nd offense Tannehill has ever had to learn, I am sure he was a bit nervous, over thinking everything more then he should, and trying to make the perfect read and/or throw, instead of just letting it happen...add to that drops from receivers that should have been caught, at times the O-line breaking down, and finally the receivers themselves trying to learn the new offense.

Mistake were made by everyone, but we all expected there would be a lot of huge bumps along the way before this offense would click perfectly, but I believe Miami proved against the Raiders when Miami's offense worries more about playing as a unit, and forgets about stats and individuals, they can be pretty darn effective.

Hoops said that anything less then 30 TDs by Tannehill would be very disappointing, and he's 100% correct, and that is exactly the type of QB you will see come out after the bye. Don't get me wrong, Tannehill will still probably make a few mistakes here and there early, but they will become less and less once the offense starts clicking, and I believe it will start clicking sooner then later.

Make Peyton uncomfortable during the game, make Peyton leave game in Denver very upset.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from Flip Tanneflop
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pepperwood View Post
    Marino threw 5 Touchdowns to open the season in 94. Tanne has got 6 in 4 games. The 35 Yard Long is weak through 4 games. Too much dink dunk screen ship. The AFC East is up for grabs this year, time to step up Tanne and the Team.
    And I was catching crap for complaining about the blown TDs by Wallace and Sims in week 1 and the long pass drop by Hartline in week 2. I said at the time that we would have to see complaints about the lack of the deep ball......

I don't think there haven't been any attempts at the deep ball since week 2. I think that returns against the Packers.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    benched by the bye week
    You almost nailed it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox Logo
Gift received at 07-03-2014, 03:24 PM from CallMeDaddyChevy Logo
Gift received at 06-24-2014, 08:43 PM from D0lphan72
Gift received at 01-14-2014, 08:29 PM from CalDolFan10x14
Message: Checking to see if this really works.2013 Dolphins Logo
    He was no where near close to nailing it. Just because the media and crap fans thought there was a chance, doesn't mean they even had a fraction of a thought of benching tannehill. Moore didn't even practice with the first. If there was even a chance in the coaches minds, they would have given moore a few series in practice. what a joke.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mid year update

Ryan on pace to throw for 3814 yards with 28 TD's and 12 Interception. He is also on pace to rush for 490 yards and have 34 sacks
    I think we have some new contenders for being the closest prediction.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Great points. However, our run blockers showed us last year they couldn't block worth a damn in short yardage situations. I have no faith that they will be better at it this season. Tannehill has shown that he's very good throwing the football in the tight red zone; in fact, I think that's one of his biggest strengths as a quarterback. I think that when we get in close, there will be a lot of play action passes, bootlegs, and rollouts resulting in a lot of RT touchdown passes and a few runs.

He threw for 3900 yards and 25 TDs last season. That was with garbage pass protection, an offensive coordinator that I think just about everyone here agrees did a lousy job, no running game, and his most reliable wide receiver out for half of the season.

I think that if Bill Lazor doesn't totally suck at calling plays, the design of this offense -- combined with much better pass protection and much more depth at receiver -- will result in significant statistical improvements for the QB. You combine that with a subpar running game and you have a recipe for a QB who should put up big numbers.

If you don't think coaching matters, go watch a replay of last night's Eagles/Steelers game. Mark buttfumble looked like a good quarterback last night running the Chip Kelly offense. Mark. ****ing. buttfumble.
    Except for his 2 picks (1 off deflection)

edit: didn't realize this was a bumped thread

Quote Quote