Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GREAT Dan Marino news!!!!!!

1. -1
    The Shiznit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Opium induced haze...
    Thanks / No Thanks

GREAT Dan Marino news!!!!!!

Just heard on Sporting News Radio, that Dan the Man Has been elected into the college football Hall Of Fame. What a great acheivement.

How many more years until he makes it into the Real Hall???
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What were Dan's stats like in college? You see, I was born in 1983, so it was impossible for me to see him play his college ball. Everyone talk about his NFL achievements, but not too many bring up his college acheivements.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Shiznit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Opium induced haze...
    Thanks / No Thanks
    don't you get it? You get edited because your posts have nothing to do with, or degrade the threads that are posted. I posted some interesting news about a revered Dolphin and you degraded it by adding a post that had absolutely no applicable subject matter.

Post something worthwhile or see all your posts dissapeare. It is up to you.

(admin note...I completely removed the post from which this was meant for...87)
    26 + 6 = 1!!!!!!! Free Ireland!!!

FRIDAYS 3:30 PM Eastern

Click HERE to listen LIVE!!!!

College Radio, classic stuff. Bodzilla and Dante are your hosts.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had a very good college career (I think, I also couldn't watch in 1983) but I think he struggled his senior year, which is why he fell so low in the first round.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was very good in college. Great news! Whatever happened to the age of tough qb's who stood in the pocket til the last second to get the pass off. Marino, Kelly, Elway, Moon, Young etc... the only ones left with that old school toughness is Favre, Warrener and Bledsoe. Not that everyone else is a wimp, but it's just not the same mentality.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hey, it's Dave Wannstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BX!!!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think just because a QB doesn't stand in the pocket that he's not tough. What about Donovan McNabb? I think he's the best QB in the league right now. If I had to start a team and got to pick anyone in the league, I would take McNabb 1st in a heartbeat.

Anyways, who cares that Marino was selected! More importantly, former Bills Offensive guard Reggie McKenzie was selected to that particular HOF as well. Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/news/2002/0507/1379207.html
    If you talk about a Super Bowl win from over thirty years ago, you are sad.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    McNabb is great and McKenzie was a great OG. I do think that McNabb is tough. My point is that most qb's today won't "take one for the team". If the qb pulls the ball down and gets sacked by running when he just needed half a second for the receiver to break that's where I have issues. I've seen that each and every week the last two years in each and every game I watched. We're talking 3 Sunday games and 1 Monday at the least. That's 8 qb's a week. It just irritates me to think about how the qb's used to play compared to what goes on now. McNabb is a freak of nature so he's a little different.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hey, it's Dave Wannstedt

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BX!!!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True, but the game has changed. DEs and LBs now run faster than WRs used to run thirty years ago. QBs need to be a little mobile now or they're going to get killed. Like Warner, he's the classic "drop back passer." However, during the Super Bowl he had a few scrambles where he was running all around just to save himself. If a guy is going to stand back in the pocket, wait and wait and wait, and then gets sacked, that's no good. If he avoids the sack by taking off and gets a couple of yards out of the play, that's OK with me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pitbull

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had a very good college career (I think, I also couldn't watch in 1983) but I think he struggled his senior year, which is why he fell so low in the first round.

Actually it was unfounded drug rumors that made his stock drop...one of his friends and teammates at Pitt got caught and implicated Dan somehow. Even though Dan was cleared of any wrong doing he still fell(luckily) to us at 26. Imagine the genious GMs that selected Ken O'Brien and Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason over Marino...Dan should have been the 2nd QB taken that year...but who am I to criticize...

Bmarion31...Dan was Really good in college...Off the top of my head If I remember correctly he only lost 4 games in his college career, but one of the knocks on him that the scouts said was that he threw too many INTs...Don't they say the same about Warner?!? who cares if you throw 12-17 ints when you are throwing 40 TDs...
    Love your shoes...
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marino finished his collegiate career holding every major passing record in Pittsburgh history, including career marks for passing yards (8,597) and completions (693). Twenty years after his final collegiate season, Marino still holds Pittsburgh records for touchdown passes in a career (79) and season (37) as well as consecutive games with a TD pass (19).
    Here's Dans' college career
    Quote Quote