My Second Family,

I just wanted to update you all and share with you a small piece of my life… at least give you an update of some sort. This post is extremely hard for me to write, but I feel that I should post something, since you all have been there for me.

My father… my best friend, passed away on April 2, 2004 near 3:00AM. I really don’t know what more to say. I’m tired, but sometimes can’t sleep. When I do sleep, I wake up tired yet again. Nothing can really be done I suppose, except let time heal my pain. I honestly don’t know what to tell everyone… I’ll close by just copying over a letter that I wrote for the funeral service that had already passed…

-----------

A Truly Remarkable Man
By: Andrew Tatum

Son, brother, husband, father, step-father, uncle, grandfather, co-worker, and, most importantly, a great friend. My father was a man of little words; however, no person has ever touched any of us more than he has. He was a man of much wisdom; he would always give you his full attention and listen to you… then, when needed, he would give you his input, of which many of us seeked.

I, for one, would always call him to get a small share of his wisdom. Sometimes he knew exactly what to do; however, he would first want you to try your hardest, to give it your all… even if you didn’t succeed. Then, he would step in and show you the way.

To me, my father was more… he was my best friend. He was someone that I have always looked up to. He was always there for me, always just a phone call away… and always willing to listen. Through thick and thin, I have always counted on his advice on life. Point is, my father wasn’t this way to just me; he was always willing to open up and give you a helping hand. He was there for all of us, and don’t be fooled… he will still be there for us.

For now, try and live life the way he did, good hearted: he was always willing to give a helping hand, even for someone he barely knew, calm: he would always try and not let anger get the best of him, joyful, hard working, persistent, a great sense of humor, and so many more indescribable attributes that made him so unique and special to all of us.

In closing, there truly is no way you can easily describe my father. Just remember that he will always be there for us, he will always be there to guide us through the hard times, and he will always be there for the good times. I speak for all of us; we will never forget him, and there will always be a place in our hearts reserved for him.

------

Thank you all for being here for me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be back on the site more often like I once was; however, I really don’t know when that will be. I just don’t know anymore…

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum