Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Second Family...

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

My Second Family...

My Second Family,

I just wanted to update you all and share with you a small piece of my life… at least give you an update of some sort. This post is extremely hard for me to write, but I feel that I should post something, since you all have been there for me.

My father… my best friend, passed away on April 2, 2004 near 3:00AM. I really don’t know what more to say. I’m tired, but sometimes can’t sleep. When I do sleep, I wake up tired yet again. Nothing can really be done I suppose, except let time heal my pain. I honestly don’t know what to tell everyone… I’ll close by just copying over a letter that I wrote for the funeral service that had already passed…

-----------

A Truly Remarkable Man
    By: Andrew Tatum

Son, brother, husband, father, step-father, uncle, grandfather, co-worker, and, most importantly, a great friend. My father was a man of little words; however, no person has ever touched any of us more than he has. He was a man of much wisdom; he would always give you his full attention and listen to you… then, when needed, he would give you his input, of which many of us seeked.

I, for one, would always call him to get a small share of his wisdom. Sometimes he knew exactly what to do; however, he would first want you to try your hardest, to give it your all… even if you didn’t succeed. Then, he would step in and show you the way.

To me, my father was more… he was my best friend. He was someone that I have always looked up to. He was always there for me, always just a phone call away… and always willing to listen. Through thick and thin, I have always counted on his advice on life. Point is, my father wasn’t this way to just me; he was always willing to open up and give you a helping hand. He was there for all of us, and don’t be fooled… he will still be there for us.

For now, try and live life the way he did, good hearted: he was always willing to give a helping hand, even for someone he barely knew, calm: he would always try and not let anger get the best of him, joyful, hard working, persistent, a great sense of humor, and so many more indescribable attributes that made him so unique and special to all of us.

In closing, there truly is no way you can easily describe my father. Just remember that he will always be there for us, he will always be there to guide us through the hard times, and he will always be there for the good times. I speak for all of us; we will never forget him, and there will always be a place in our hearts reserved for him.

------

Thank you all for being here for me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be back on the site more often like I once was; however, I really don’t know when that will be. I just don’t know anymore…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I personally was never close to my father...i've only met him twice in my life. However, if I did know him, i'd want to have the same relationship you've described with your father.
    "On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is can you win or lose like a man?"
    - Tony D'Amato -

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm so sorry Andrew.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Enforcer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Errrywhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God bless
    Have a nice day, make a new friend...[SIGPIC]
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My deepest condolences AJ :cry:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sorry to hear about your loss AJ. I know what its like to lose a close loved one(sure almost all of the board knows what its like). I'm sure your father was watching over and listening to you as you read that letter at the funeral service. Once again, I am truely sorry and wish you and your family the best of wishes.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry ab0out your loss. I'm very lucky that my parents lives in the same area as I do and I can actually see them everyday tho I mostly see them 3 or 4 times a week. My dad is 90 now and still walking on his own and still love sports and specially football. I don't know how I'm gonna take it when my parents are gone but they are the best 2 friends I've ever had.God Bless your dad.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God bless you and your family AJ.
    We are close and we will get this cleaned up!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My thoughts and prayers are with you Andrew......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys know of me as a "spammer" but I've decided to come out of that stage to say.....Sorry to hear, My heart goes out to you and your family, the flesh may be gone but his soul is alive and well. May God Bless You.
    Quote Quote