Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: My Second Family...

1. -81
    Draftologist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ,

Sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and in time it will heal. RIP.

Matt
    www.billszone.com -Best site for Bills News on the net....

Official Billszone Draft Expert

Kiper aint got $h*t on me!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: My Second Family...

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    My Second Family,

I just wanted to update you all and share with you a small piece of my life… at least give you an update of some sort. This post is extremely hard for me to write, but I feel that I should post something, since you all have been there for me.

My father… my best friend, passed away on April 2, 2004 near 3:00AM. I really don’t know what more to say. I’m tired, but sometimes can’t sleep. When I do sleep, I wake up tired yet again. Nothing can really be done I suppose, except let time heal my pain. I honestly don’t know what to tell everyone… I’ll close by just copying over a letter that I wrote for the funeral service that had already passed…

-----------

A Truly Remarkable Man
    By: Andrew Tatum

Son, brother, husband, father, step-father, uncle, grandfather, co-worker, and, most importantly, a great friend. My father was a man of little words; however, no person has ever touched any of us more than he has. He was a man of much wisdom; he would always give you his full attention and listen to you… then, when needed, he would give you his input, of which many of us seeked.

I, for one, would always call him to get a small share of his wisdom. Sometimes he knew exactly what to do; however, he would first want you to try your hardest, to give it your all… even if you didn’t succeed. Then, he would step in and show you the way.

To me, my father was more… he was my best friend. He was someone that I have always looked up to. He was always there for me, always just a phone call away… and always willing to listen. Through thick and thin, I have always counted on his advice on life. Point is, my father wasn’t this way to just me; he was always willing to open up and give you a helping hand. He was there for all of us, and don’t be fooled… he will still be there for us.

For now, try and live life the way he did, good hearted: he was always willing to give a helping hand, even for someone he barely knew, calm: he would always try and not let anger get the best of him, joyful, hard working, persistent, a great sense of humor, and so many more indescribable attributes that made him so unique and special to all of us.

In closing, there truly is no way you can easily describe my father. Just remember that he will always be there for us, he will always be there to guide us through the hard times, and he will always be there for the good times. I speak for all of us; we will never forget him, and there will always be a place in our hearts reserved for him.

------

Thank you all for being here for me, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll be back on the site more often like I once was; however, I really don’t know when that will be. I just don’t know anymore…

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum

Sorry to hear that, man. I can only imagine how tough it is to lose a parent. God bless you.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, I'm really sorry AJ... this hits me hard actually, my father who I love very much was born in 55, I couldn't imagine losing him

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Buffalo Jills liaison for the BillsZone

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Western NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to hear it, man
    Go Bills!!!! Squish the Fish!!!
    Get into the Zone
    Owner of Jills/Bandettes group on yahoo
    Click here to check out the first ladies of Buffalo
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Dolphins Homer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey AJ, I, like everyone else here, am truly sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what it is like to lose a beloved parent like you have. I suspect though that looking at his son's work, that he must have been a great man. You have done so much with this site, bringing people together who otherwise might not ever get a chance to talk football and other things. I am sure he is as proud of you as you are of him.
    I know I don't know you personally, but I think judging from things you have written and based on this site, your father raised you correctly, which, in my book, is an awesome reflection of himself.

Also, in case you were unaware, billszone has a thread up where many of their regulars have posted their condolences as well. A lot have already posted here to but some have not. I just wanted to pass that along to you as well, and for a few finfans here who seem to let football get in the wya of what is truly important.

Once again, I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you nothing but the best.

Sam
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    Talking out of my butt!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by helmetguy
    Sorry to hear about AJ's Dad. I lost my Dad 21 years ago and miss him just as bad now as I did then. Just the same, having known him for as long as I did, it's as though I still speak with him daily. I'd appreciate it if one of the FH guys could pass this little message on to AJ for me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.
    Message from someone who is ...um....unable to post this in person......
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My thoughts and prayers are with you friend.
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Fin Faithful Dee-Dee-Dee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a bunker somewheres in Antartica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So sorry about your loss a AJ. The tiredness you are experiencing is your way of handling the grief that you are probably feeling. I experienced the same when my father passed on...all I wanted to do was to sleep and try and get through another day. Trust me, things will get better in time. Time TRULY is the only real answer to closure to what you are feeling right now. Hang in there good buddy, we are all with you. God bless man.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    @#$%ing pottymouth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ, my condolences to you and your family. i am very sorry to hear of your loss. Hang in there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.
    Ready to run all over the Miami Dolphins!
    Quote Quote