Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEAT Final Thoughts....

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Jones comment was exaggerating, but I cannot stand Eddie Jones. I wouldn't mind having Eddie as a reserve shooter, but with his contract...we're stuck one way or another.

I love Riles, but I blame him for jumping the gun on E.J. I could've told Pat that E.J. would never be a star. Solid, yes. Star, no way. $11-12m for Eddie Jones back then was crazy. It was sort of like the Feeley move, being done out of desperation. Comparison? Fins losing out on Brunell, Heat losing out on McGrady. On the other hand, the Heat gave up much more for E.J. in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    hi

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I loved Eddie when he was a Laker, but he was never a go-to, franchise type player. He never deserved that type of contract. He's good as a #2 or #3 option and should've been paid that way.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My brother who is in 8th grade has a friend, and her uncle is EJ. He said he saw him at a party talking about how he wants to improve and live up to expectations next year If he is still around. They took some photos and got some autographs. I hope he does improve...

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A box around back
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time
    Dwayne Wade is a superstar. I think the Heat need a unselfish SG and a big man. I was hoping they could have signed Olowakandi this past year but that did not happen. I love Grant and Jones, but their times have past. I think we are a SG and a big man from winning it all, and a big man from really contending. It wouldn't hurt to have one more bench player who can get into double figures.
    Some people might disagree with me, but, I think the Heat would do just fine if they moved Wade to SG and, started Rafer Alston at PG. They must get a big man in the off-season though.
    And to share my point of view as to why Wade was seated at the end of game 6, I think Van Gundy took him out and put Alston in because Rafer Alston is their best 3 point shooter. They were down 3 and, needed that outside shot to tie the game. Who better to go with than the person that had a 3 pointer in at least 35 straight games in the regular season? (I can't remember the exact number of games)
    But I am looking forward to next season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My brother who is in 8th grade has a friend, and her uncle is EJ. He said he saw him at a party talking about how he wants to improve and live up to expectations next year If he is still around. They took some photos and got some autographs. I hope he does improve...
    Ive been waiting four long years for him to improve and live up to expectations like he always he says. It never happens. Like many have said, EJ is just a complementry player who is getting paid like a superstar that he is not.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That sounds a bit suspicious to me. Eddie Jones said it himself, he knows he's going to have to yet the young guys(Wade, CB4, LO) take charge next year, if he returns. He knows this. It is farrrrrrrrrr too late for Eddie Jones to just improve and live up to the expectations of a $11.8m a year contract. Far too late.

I'm going to church the day before the draft in late June to pray that he gets dealt draft night. If not, I'll do the same the day before July 1st(start of free agency).
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Phins fanatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dwayne Wade was a good player but he was a senior from college and had quite a bit of an advantage over a player straight from HS and a guy with one college year. Wade is very good, but he isn't even in teh same breath as either James or Melo in 3 years. His upside is a bit more limited. I'm sure that will make you angry.

The fact that he missed so much is not a good thing, it's a bad thing. Injury prone and basketball are never good things when predicting future stardom. I mean HOF stardom and that's what both Melo and James are gonna be.

I'm still so mad that my fave team got Darko instead of Melo.

Sam Bowie all over again.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsmissedFG
    Dwayne Wade was a good player but he was a senior from college and had quite a bit of an advantage over a player straight from HS and a guy with one college year. Wade is very good, but he isn't even in teh same breath as either James or Melo in 3 years. His upside is a bit more limited. I'm sure that will make you angry.

The fact that he missed so much is not a good thing, it's a bad thing. Injury prone and basketball are never good things when predicting future stardom. I mean HOF stardom and that's what both Melo and James are gonna be.

I'm still so mad that my fave team got Darko instead of Melo.

Sam Bowie all over again.
    All NBA players, except AC Green, are injury prone in some way. It is a physically demanding sport, different from football, but still physically demaning in its own way.
    Quote Quote