Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premium Membership Open!

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Premium Membership Open!

Hello All:

Over the last year, FinHeaven & Co has grown significantly in many aspects. Our message board alone has grown tremendously, growing from 1,624 members in May of 2003 to 4,114 members now... a 2,490 difference! In this year alone, almost a full six months in, we have 1,254 new members. If that's not growth... I'm not sure what is. However, do we, the staff, stop for a second and say, "Let's slow down..." No... we are continually working on ways to improve the site and making it better and more known. And trust me, just as we had plans last year... we have many other plans this year.

Now, granted this growth would not have happened without the staff; however, the Premium Members have truly made this progress possible. You see, Premium Membership is a way to give support to FinHeaven & Co because ad revenue simply does not cover all the costs that we incur. Moreover, Premium Members help with ideas for earning more revenue and marketing. Lastly, the Premium Members are involved with the site. They are informed of our plans with the site. They are kept up to date on what we have in mind. Recently, for example, they were involved in choosing a design for the t-shirts. I personally valued their opinion very much... and it showed in the final design.

So, what are some benefits of being a Premium Member? Well, besides what I previously mentioned... there are a couple more benefits. For example, you will get a discount on all FinHeaven & Co merchandise. There is no clear cut discount; however, it's usually at the cost of the product plus shipping.

Another benefit is the space a Premium Member has on the forums and gallery. Below is a table that shows the differences...

A "Regular User"
    Forum: Attachments 2 MBs
    Forum: PM Storage 50 messages
    Forum: PM Max Recipients 5 users
    Photo Gallery: Space 786k (.75 MB)
    Photo Gallery: Maximum Upload .5 MB
    A "Premium Member"
    Forum: Attachments 15 MBs
    Forum: PM Storage 100 messages
    Forum: PM Max Recipients 15 users
    Photo Gallery: Space 15 MBs
    Photo Gallery: Maximum Upload 1 MB

Also available will be free web space. We will give you your own website, which will be in the format of username.finheaven.com. You can use this web space for pictures, wallpaper, avatars, etc. In addition, if you have the knowledge, you may receive FTP access. (10MBs of space) In addition, you will receive your own username@finheaven.com email account. You can use this account for anything. These "perks" are available on request only... since not everyone wants their own webspace... or email.

Next, when the FinHeaven & Co Football Pool opens, each Premium Member will be guarenteed to have a slot. If we decide to go with Fantasy Football, the same will apply as well.*
    * Please note: We are 99% sure we are going with the Fantasy Football, we are simply waiting to hear back from a couple of people.

Finally, there will be several Premium Member only contests... which can range from free tickets, gift certificates, to jerseys.

So, what's the cost? The cost of being a Premium Member is $84 a year. However, do not fear... the $84 can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually. While supplies last, if you pay the full $84, you can receive a free FinHeaven & Co t-shirt and one window decal. If you pay semi-annually, you may receive one window decal.

So, if you're interested in supporting FinHeaven & Co and would like to be an integral part of the site this is definitely for you.

If you would like to start your membership today, there are a couple of options.

First, you can send a check/money order (made out to Andrew Tatum) to:

FinHeaven & Co
    PO Box 46425
    Tampa, FL 33647

If you send a check/money order, PLEASE put your username in the memo field. If you are paying Annually, also please include a shirt size.

Or, instead of a check/money order, you may send payments via PayPal to webmaster@finheaven.com

Thank you for your interest in supporting FinHeaven & Co. I assure you that this will be yet another successful year!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Again, THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    Webmaster/Founder

PS: If you choose not to take advantage of the Premium Membership, please do not feel left out. We will always keep our eyes and ears open to new suggestions, no matter who they are by. We will not treat any member differently.
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For 84$ taking advantage of?? I understand how some people are helpng out the site by doing this, but taking advantage of???
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't have to become a Premium Member if you don't wish to. You'll still be able to enjoy this site free of charge. And I'm not really interested in playing a game of semantics. But look at it this way. Suppose you win one of the raffles for free tickets to a game. You're already getting more than your money back.

This site is very expensive to run. Especially for a couple of young guys. We're simply trying offer ways to help us cover the cost of keeping this site open.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I might look into this later.. I could really use the webspace for some future football related graphics endeavors (If I ever get around to refining my flash skills.. which are minimal at the moment.)

And I would like to aid in keeping this site operating and helping you all to biggie size your meal next time you go to Wendy's if at all possible ( :wink: You guys arent on the South Beach Diet are ya?)

But unfortunately for the moment, 84 dollars is a bit steep, seeing as I find memberships to adult sites at 40 to be too much as well.... What would would it break down to quarterly?

Question: Do Premium members automatically become like Board Members (of a company) or something? Do we get modding priviledges and the like? I could use an ego boost on occasion. :p

And Muck, I really need to get around to helping you with that Backrive thing you asked for.. I JUST found your pm from like 3 months ago recently.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Playoffs? Playoffs?!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin
    But unfortunately for the moment, 84 dollars is a bit steep, seeing as I find memberships to adult sites at 40 to be too much as well....
    :roflmao:

Looking forward, yet again...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Ruler of the Universe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFinFan27
    For 84$ taking advantage of?? I understand how some people are helpng out the site by doing this, but taking advantage of???
    Would it be more to your liking if 4000 members each gave a dollar? You will not. They will not. It's 84 bucks for those that would volunteer.

If you think that's too steep for your wallet, click the donate tab in FinheavenAJ's signature and enjoy knowing you've done something positive with your silent contribution.

Zod owns fantasy football!
    After he laid out N.Y. Giants cover boy Frank Gifford and forced a fumble, "Concrete Charlie" Bednarik stood over Gifford's motionless body and emphatically declared.......

This game is over!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOD
    Would it be more to your liking if 4000 members each gave a dollar? You will not. They will not. It's 84 bucks for those that would volunteer.

If you think that's too steep for your wallet, click the donate tab in FinheavenAJ's signature and enjoy knowing you've done something positive with your silent contribution.

Zod owns fantasy football!
    Donate :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Good one
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would you prefer that everyone uses your logic (or lack thereof), and the site goes under? Then where would you post?

Forgive my sarcasm, but this site does not make a profit... where do you think the money to run it comes from? Don't believe me? Try maintaining a site of this magnitude using strictly your own out-of-pocket funds, and let me know how you make out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why dont you go root for the Jets or something? :mad:
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    is there a chance that this site will be shut down if they dont make enough $$$??????
    Quote Quote