Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FinHeaven Improves Commentary Feature!

1. -1
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

FinHeaven Improves Commentary Feature!

Ladies and Gentlemen...

As many of you know, we have been working on making the commentary of FinHeaven better. We have worked on this in many folds....

First and foremost, we have a new commentary section. No longer will commentary be posted in the forum and look like "glorified posts." Instead, you can find all the new commentary here: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/

Secondly, we are bringing a long a new group of writers (some of which aren't named at the time...) and we'll also be having special guests from time to time... :cooldude:

Here is the list for this season:

Steve Sykes - You can expect to see his articles every week! Many on the forums say that he is one of the BEST Dolphin writers around... and he is now writing on a weekly basis for FinHeaven!

Matt Kent - Love him or hate him, he is the "controversial" writer for the site. Matt, known as being the pessimistic-Dolphin fan, will bring his views on a weekly/biweekly basis.

Phil Unwin - While he is a veteran of the board (and our 3000th member), Phil is a new addition to the staff. Expect to see his intelligent insight on a weekly basis.

Miguel Lorenzo - Resident forum mod and writer, Miguel will be brining us his weekly predictions for the NFL along with his opinions.

Brian Recchi - Brian did a fantastic job last year with the Beasts of the East that we decided to carry it on for another year. Brian will bring to us his views on upcoming and previous games on ALL the AFC East teams.

Frank Corral - Writer since 2000, Frank will be writing us his great, to the point post game wrapups in his "Weekly Phinishers"

Clumpy - Yes... we know, a Bills fan on the staff, what has the site come to? Well, he will be doing his specialty... writing about the salary cap. Not so much on a weekly basis, but on a "whenever" basis... lol. We definitely look forward to this!

Mike Olivia - Mike will be assisting FinHeaven with Fantasy Football this season with his weekly views and such.

Other special guests to come!

To introduce the new commentary section is Steve Sykes, who is opening up the commentary system! You can view his new article here: http://www.finheaven.com/cms/12.html

For the rest of the week, a NEW Fantasy Football article will be up. Additionally, there will be a couple articles from special guests to help bring some life to Dolphin fans... since news has been DEAD tired!

I hope everyone enjoys the new commentary system and commentary for that matter. There are still many more features to come, so keep your mind and ears open!

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I forgot to mention, all articles will be posted by an automated staff member... :cool:

The staff member's name is ArticleNinja...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd also like to announce that we've added one, possibly two more writers that we are very excited about who are not listed above. We will add them to the list once their roles are confirmed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :couch:
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is my pleasure to also announce that Phil Unwin will also be one of our weekly featured writers covering the Phins. Look for his first article very soon.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck
    It is my pleasure to also announce that Phil Unwin will also be one of our weekly featured writers covering the Phins. Look for his first article very soon.
    I don't know ... that name bothers me a bit. Is an "Unwin" the same thing as a loss?

But seriously folks ... :goof:

I very much look forward toreading Phil's contributions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I believe I can fly!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Detroit, MI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinHeavenAJ
    I forgot to mention, all articles will be posted by an automated staff member... :cool:

The staff member's name is ArticleNinja...
    Welcome to the team, Ninja... I look forward to your contributions!

"We don't have any of this stuff, 'When it doesn't work here, let me go someplace else.' That's not how it is. This is the real world. It's business. You have a job and a responsibility."
    Nicktator Saban
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Your Future

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    My Past
    Thanks / No Thanks
    congrats guys, been a long time comin...

sorry i couldnt be more helpful.

Amin
    Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein.

Joe Theismann, Former quarterback
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The name's Bond...James Bond.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom
    I don't know ... that name bothers me a bit. Is an "Unwin" the same thing as a loss?
    I should probably be writing about the Bills, given that.

Quote Originally Posted by DrAstroZoom
    But seriously folks ... :goof:

I very much look forward toreading Phil's contributions.
    Thanks!

As Muck said, my first article will be up soon, but for those jonesing for a preview of my work, here are some recent articles from one of the other sites I write for frequently, pistonsonline.com (a fan site dedicated to the 2004 NBA champs).

http://pistonsonline.com/default.asp...2&stid=8142313
    http://pistonsonline.com/default.asp...2&stid=8142309
    http://pistonsonline.com/default.asp...2&stid=8142303
    http://pistonsonline.com/default.asp...2&stid=8142296

Not sure if anyone here is a subscriber, but I also write for drstats.com, a fantasy football site. If you're a subscriber, thanks. If not, check it out. Thus endeth the cheap plug.

I also write for mopsquad.com, but unfortunately, a server disaster sent my work (and the old site) down the memory hole, and I haven't gotten to posting anything to the new site yet.

Check out some of my other work:

• Dr. Stats, the best fantasy football site on the internet, with weekly projections and plenty of regular articles.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's YOU phunwin. Ok, that makes sense.

I've enjoyed your posts, and now I'm REALLY looking forward to reading your work.
    Quote Quote