Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This worries me a lot...

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This worries me a lot...

Seems like Wanny is being the same stubborn person that almost got him fired last year. I remember Wayne saying that they will be aggressive from the first snap to the end of the game. He said that he and Dave discussed that. Now, you read the article today from the Sentinel and it is the same old crap. This part scares me...

It won't be Wannstedt's beliefs about offense, though. Regardless of who's running the ball, this is Wannstedt's team, and he is dedicated to finding a way for the offense to do it his way.

I have heard Bears fans say that his stubborness just ends up driving you crazy. Doesn't he know that he will be fired if he doesn't do some things differently. If he starts out ultra-conservative for the first few games, I hope Wayne comes down and fires hime before it gets out of control. I understand that we need to run effectively but we also MUST spread the ball around. Please tell me that he understands that.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pasadena, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wayne won't fire him during the season. Even if he was going to change his offensive philosophy i think it would probably be beneficial for him to keep quiet about it. We have a chance to suprise a few defenses maybe with a different offensive scheme, I wouldn't be running around telling everybody my offensive plans either.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kasaba13
    Seems like Wanny is being the same stubborn person that almost got him fired last year. I remember Wayne saying that they will be aggressive from the first snap to the end of the game. He said that he and Dave discussed that. Now, you read the article today from the Sentinel and it is the same old crap. This part scares me...

It won't be Wannstedt's beliefs about offense, though. Regardless of who's running the ball, this is Wannstedt's team, and he is dedicated to finding a way for the offense to do it his way.

I have heard Bears fans say that his stubborness just ends up driving you crazy. Doesn't he know that he will be fired if he doesn't do some things differently. If he starts out ultra-conservative for the first few games, I hope Wayne comes down and fires hime before it gets out of control. I understand that we need to run effectively but we also MUST spread the ball around. Please tell me that he understands that.
    Shula adjusted his philosophy to the personnel he had.........Wannstedt just jams his philosophy down everybodys throat no matter what personnel he has. In the end, that along with his poor drafting and talent evaluation will be his downfall.........................Oh, and he needs to grow a pair too.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    really, the things we need to change arent really big ones. If we would just go over the middle like we were doing towards the end of the year, then we wouldnt be so predictable. The other thing that will change IMO is that ricky wont be touching the ball 40-45 times, about three or four different people will, which takes the predictability out some.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle979
    Wayne won't fire him during the season. Even if he was going to change his offensive philosophy i think it would probably be beneficial for him to keep quiet about it. We have a chance to suprise a few defenses maybe with a different offensive scheme, I wouldn't be running around telling everybody my offensive plans either.
    I tend to think you're right...Dave has don't onside kicks, reverses, threw bombs, before the super star RB, now he knows he has to do some more of those things agains..the onside kick as he says may not be there because every team after that detriot game has been linning up for it. But I would keep every one thinking I'm going to run the same ol thing at this point also.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I believe this offense will be run like the one in 00-01 season where Jay threw for over 3000 yards and CC had 800+ yards as a 3rd stringer. I believe this will open up everything. Passing to Boston and CC will be good and that will make Defenses worry about them and that'll open up holes for Minor.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time
    I believe this offense will be run like the one in 00-01 season where Jay threw for over 3000 yards and CC had 800+ yards as a 3rd stringer. I believe this will open up everything. Passing to Boston and CC will be good and that will make Defenses worry about them and that'll open up holes for Minor.
    It's funny PT, I look at your sig and it seems Ricky cut his hair and all his senses went with it. :roflmao:
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    WAYNE, NEW JERSEY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Time
    I THINK YOUR RIGHT!!! THIS OFFENSE MUST CHANGE TO MORE OF A PASSING ONE.. EVEN IF IT'S SMALL PASSES TO THE BACKS, OR THE TE.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wayne is a joke. If wanny hasn't changed his philospy for the 4 years he was here, what makes him think he will change it now. Lets hope I'm wrong and wanny awakes from the sleep hes been in for the last 4 years.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The World Is Yours

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tallahassee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle979
    I agree with you guys, and unlike every other year Wanny has been with us, for some reason i have a little more faith in him this year. Imagine if we came out the first play against the Titans and ran a bomb to ethir CC or DBo out of playaction.....o ya, and preferably A.J. Feeley would be throwing the ball .
    Quote Quote