Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outlook for the upcoming season

1. -1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

outlook for the upcoming season

i know that we all want to win the super bowl but there are many variables such as injuries that will determine what happens...the way i am approaching it is like this, lets win the division,get the #1 or #2 seed and take it from there...we need that bye week and homefield...any thoughts????
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm not as worried about whether we get a bye or not, but you're right about the injuries. man the o-line got tore up last year before the friggin season started!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pitbull

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that a 1 or 2 seeding with a bye will be critical for us to have a SB run...Just look at the Patriots...When we lost that game in Foxboro...we lost the division and the 2 seed with it. The Pats took that bye week and their normal bye back to back and went on a tear...So I feel a bye week will be crucial. As long as they don't pull a Heat and lose early with the High seeding, we should get to the AFC title game.
    Love your shoes...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just win and the bye will be there!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [list=1][*]Beat the Jets Sept 22[*]Win the division[*]Get #1 or 2 seed[*]AFC Championship game is a lock[/list=1]
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolphan39
    [list=1][*]Beat the Jets Sept 22[*]Win the division[*]Get #1 or 2 seed[*]AFC Championship game is a lock[/list=1]
    I think beating the Jest in Sept is important... we could take the loss again and get to the playoffs... but we need our players to get over this jets jynx thing... at this point I believe it's psychological more than anything

Play our bset asn stay healthy, and we'll win the division,
    with that will come #1 or #2 seed.

AFC Champ game may or may not be a lock... but by the time we get there... If we're relatively healthy... we'll be pumped and lookin for victims and super bowl bound!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Bills fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll bet someone in NY has hired a witch doctor to put a hex on you to keep the jinx in place. LOL

The early part of a season is always important to momentum, but probably a little less so coming off a successful season. I know for Buffalo it will be critical to win early to gain some confidence. September may well determine whether Buffalo makes the playoffs as us Buffalo fans hope, or finish under .500 as a lot of you guys predict.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Adam the Quarterback

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by TigerJ
    I'll bet someone in NY has hired a witch doctor to put a hex on you to keep the jinx in place. LOL

The early part of a season is always important to momentum, but probably a little less so coming off a successful season. I know for Buffalo it will be critical to win early to gain some confidence. September may well determine whether Buffalo makes the playoffs as us Buffalo fans hope, or finish under .500 as a lot of you guys predict.
    Trust me, finishing strong is important. Recently we always have a great start, but seem to have a collapse at the end.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Bills fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You got that right, Booyeah. I guess when it comes down to it if a team falls apart any time during the year it can screw up their post season aspirations. I guess my point is that for a team like Buffalo that had such a bad season last year, the confidence that the coaching staff tries to build during training camp will be rather fragile. If they don't win early it may drag down the team's attitude and make it difficult to turn things around later in the season.

As far as the standings go, a win counts the same whether early or late. If you don't get enough of them you play golf sooner rather than later.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SO CAL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bills....

Originally posted by TigerJ
    You got that right, Booyeah. I guess when it comes down to it if a team falls apart any time during the year it can screw up their post season aspirations. I guess my point is that for a team like Buffalo that had such a bad season last year, the confidence that the coaching staff tries to build during training camp will be rather fragile. If they don't win early it may drag down the team's attitude and make it difficult to turn things around later in the season.

As far as the standings go, a win counts the same whether early or late. If you don't get enough of them you play golf sooner rather than later.
    I bet if the Bills don't win 7 games this year Williams is gone
    1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON!

All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things.
    Bobby Knight
    Quote Quote