Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: I Need Some Opinions

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

I Need Some Opinions

I'm currently involved in two leagues (likely 3 by the time the season starts) and I have a few questions that I need some opininions on:

1. I'm a new owner in one league and will have the 2nd and 3rd overall picks in the opening draft by a stroke of luck. The main players that I'm looking at are: Culpepper, Thrash, Deuce McCallister, Eddie George, Emmit Smith, and Plaxico Burress. Of the players I just mentioned which two do you all think I should keep?

2. In the other league I can only keep two players from the previous year and the players that I'm contemplating keeping are: Stephen Davis, Jamal Lewis, Marcus Pollard, and Peerless Price (doubtful on Price but he might be worth it.)

3. In the second league (two keepers) would you say Stephen Davis (in a contract year and rushed for over 1,400 yards last year) for Ricky Williams and a 6th rounder would be fair value for a trade. That's what I'm proposing to another owner an I'm trying to get a feel for the idea.

I look forward to reading all of your opinions. Thanks.
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. George struggled last season because of the toe surgery and was never at full strength until the end of the year. He will be 100% this year and will play like he did in 2000. I would keep George and Culpepper, who throws to two very talented guys and puts up great fantasy numbers.

2. I would definetly keep Davis, but I am not sure about the second keeper. Torn ACL is a serious injury, one that you never get back to your old form with after it happens, so Lewis is a risk. Pollard and Price both aren't very good and don't put up good numbers.

3. I am not sure. It really depends on who you can get with that 3rd pick. Davis could be affected this year by the problems he has with Washington management who want him to rework his deal and he plays in an offense (Spurrier) which won't get him the carries that he got before. I think that I would deal Williams and a pick for Davis. Williams will be better than Davis this season.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the opinions. As far as Pollard goes though, he had the best numbers of any TE in the league last year and now he doesn't have Dilger to worry about splitting time with. I had him rated pretty high on my list a couple of weeks ago and then picked up a Street & Smith NFL preview in which they did a quick, preseason fantasy break down and they have Pollard as the #1 TE so that just confirmed my thought that he may worthy as a keeper.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They have him over Gonzalez and Sharpe? Gonzalez is gonna play next season, he does all of this basketball crap but I know he will play.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BUFFALO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes pollard is higher.... why? PEYTON MANNING and NO DILGER +he scores way more TD's than Gonzalez

I'd keep Davis and Pollard I guess, but Davis won't produce as well as he used to this year.

and yes trade SD for RW!!!!!
    Quote Quote