Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Vandolfan - YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY

1. -1
    GENERAL MANAGER

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well Vandolfan - YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY

I am just sitting back and laughing at all this stuff to come out on Daryl the last two months and the reaction it is getting from the fans. I just want an apology from Vandolphan who rudely blasted me and called my post insane and didnt want my "Wannstadt is afraid of Daryl" title merged into his. He called it a insult. Well, i think my story has some validity NOW. Van Dolphan you offer nothing. Step up and apologize. I said that if we would have signed K. Mixon, daryl would have been cut. At the time, you all laughed. Some said that cant happen, Salary Cap. Well, where there is smoke there is fire, and even if the dolphins keep Daryl. my inside story had validity. Peace. I am out.

Denny

2. -2
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Denny,

read my post in this thread.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...8&pagenumber=2

3. -3
    GENERAL MANAGER

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MUCK, DOLFAN87, iceblizzard

Thanks for sticking up for me. Contrary to popular belief, I love this board. And yes I would have posted more information as I recieved it but my credibility was shot on my first post. Anything i would have said would have been blasted. Many people didnt believe my Wanny was afraid of Dary post. It was misunderstood. I meant that daryl was greatly in control of his position and what i mean is he didnt give a crap about what Wannstadt said and he did what he wanted to do. Because of his attitude, wannstadt feared he would be disruptive to other players and create a clic agaianst him. So let me rephrase my original post, wannstadt feared daryl's clout with his teamates and his attitude of I dont give a F***. Daryl you could say had the power to commit mutiny and Dave feared him for that. I will throw one little tidbit in from my inside source. Daryl recieved a watched from the pro bowl from one of his teamates. It was a rolex. Daryl thought it was a fake and threw it against the wall totally disrespecting his teamate or teamates who gave him the watch. well i am out. Thanks again MUCK AND ICE For you kind posts.

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is getting ****ing rediculous

Since the mods/admin of this site don't feel like dealing with this character then all bets are off.

Denny you are a total F*ckwit. You may have had the information but your such a total reject you ****ed up that information just like you **** everything else up.

I wasn't the one who jumped on your a*s about that information and you f*cked up that when you called me out when it wasn't me.

It's all right here in the text:

Denny ****ing up the information

Notice how I wasn't involved in that.

Off of that thread you started this ****:

Denny showing his true colors

Then I believe there was another thread of Denny gloating and basically killing whatever little sense of respect he may have with the users of this forum for the information that he f*cked up with. However I believe the mods removed that one from the general forums.

And now this because some site no one goes to posted pretty much based off the old herald story and also doesn't have it's facts straight. There is no way Gardener gets cut this year.

Denny won't get any respect around here as long as he perpetuates this attitude posting stuff that he messes up the original information with and then attacks everyone.

Denny I don't owe you anything. Whatever you get you get because you earn. Not bitch and whine for.
    Last edited by VanDolPhan; 06-20-2002 at 08:32 PM.

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, there is a HUGE difference between saying Wannstedt is afraid of Daryl Gardener, and saying Wannstedt is afraid of the problems Daryl Gardener's attitude might cause. One implies, that Wannstedt will let him do whatever he wants to avoid confrontation... while the other says Wannstedt is likely to either put him in his place or get rid of him.

Two VERY different portraits painted of Wannstedt's characterisitcs. I can understand why you were blasted the first time around. If people thought that you were saying Wannstedt was cowering in a corner because he was afraid of what Gardener might do if Wannstedt were to do something Daryl doesn't like. Wannstedt is not a weak coach, and people were probably upset that you implied that (because it is way off base)... he takes care of problems when they arise quickly and forcefully (Ben Kelly, Damien Gregory, JJ Johnson, and Mike Westhoff.)

Maybe if you had clarified back then in the same way you did now... people wouldn't have been so harsh.

BUT, I don't think rumors of Gardener's release automatically mean you are right. I think it has a LOT more to do with the fact that Gardener is continuously hurt... and carries a VERY high cap number. I think the coaches are weighing if it is smart to carry so much dead money on the payroll, if it doesn't look likely that Daryl will recover. If that is the case then they could cut him and bring in more than a few capable players at the price his salary is commanding.

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Anchorage, AK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Who gives a ****!!

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO the situation with Daryl is this. I think they were already thinking of phasing Daryl out but might have been afraid to do so. So they started entertaining the idea of signing the best YOUNG value DT they think is out there right now, to back up Daryl and step in to play during the season when/if Daryl comes out.

So the coaches are still comfortable, they have not gotten rid of DG. But then the DE situation panned out unfavorably for us (LoBro and Kenny Mixon both departing) so we figured, well heck we've got a Daryl Gardener and a pretty darn talented Larry Chester here, maybe we should find a way to get them both playing at the same time by moving Daryl to end on run downs. So they've now pidgeon-holed DG to Kenny Mixon's position last year.

All fine and good, still have Daryl so they don't feel they've given much up.

Now we've signed Rob Burnett, have Little Bowens and Ogunleye both of which have looked fairly impressive, and I think the coaches are starting to re-assess just how valuable a Daryl Gardener would be to the team as a run stuffing defensive end, as compared with his high salary cap figure. They pretty much figure Chester to start at DT now, and don't mind it because they have been thinking along those terms for a while now since they decided to move DG to end.

Daryl has really got to earn his salary at DE and the prospect of him not being able to is looming. Burnett might be a flat out better DE than Daryl right now when healthy...and as far as health is concerned it might be a straight tossup as to which one gets injured first. So if cutting DG allows us to sign a Sam Adams who along with Larry Chester can solidify our DT situation even with the looming departure of Tim Bowens, then it might be worth it.

And all this is made possible by a series of steps that make it easier to be comfortable with dumping Daryl, as opposed to right from the start having only TimBo and DG there and saying "lets dump Daryl and go after someone in free agency!"
    Twitter: @ckparrot

8. -8
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lets just diffuse this situation RIGHT NOW. Obviously, feelings are hurt and emotions are hot. So lets just start over.

Clean slate.

Everybody's back at the "starting line". No more retorts and fighting about credibility and implied meaning. It's over RIGHT NOW.

I look forward to ALL of your posts. That means EVERYONE. Lots of interesting news to come!!

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Muck the only thing I want is for him to stop doing these "vandolfan this.......vandolfan that" especially when it wasn't me in the first place that went after him. The only reason I am pissed is because of that. I couldn't give a rats ass about the rest of his posts. If the guy wants respect he's got to earn it not whine and bitch for it.

10. -10
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, I just ended it and started this thing over. It's done.