Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does it mean to you about the GOP speakers?

1. -1
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

What does it mean to you about the GOP speakers?

Not going to give my opinion here, I want to hear from others.

What want to know is what people think about the different approaches to the conventions. The Democrats presented their core people. The speakers at their convention were all very much in line with the core platform of the Democrat Party...pretty much a unified front, no discension. Virtually every speaker agreed 100% with the party platform.

The Republicans presented a very different group. Moderate, even borderline liberal Republicans, a southern Democrat, almost nobody, including the President and VP that was 100% behind the Party line. The President and VP probably cam eclosest, but even they disagree with elements of the official GOP platform.

So what are the opinions? Just marketing on the part of the parties? If so, which is more effective? If it's something more, what is it? Is it an inclination that the Democrats are more unified, and therefore more clear? Does it say that the GOP embraces more diversity of opinion? What do you think?
    - "What do we mean by the defeat of the enemy? Simply the destruction of his forces, whether by death, injury, or any other means -- either completely or enough to make him stop fighting. . . . ."-Carl von Clausewitz-
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because the GOP party is using the convention to fool undecided voters. The delegates they brought out do not represent the Bush agenda. They represent all that a REP party voter would have stood for under Reagan. It is a farce to show the undecided that, the REP party is not all extreme right wing religious crap, we have normal people too.

That is the difference between Bush and Kerry. There are fundamental debates between Iraq and the economy which normal people like you and I can have different viewpoints on. We have our opinions and I respect (but do not agree with) your view of the two. However, most people I know that will vote for Bush acknowledge that stem cell research should be federally funded, abortion should not be illegal upon penetration of the egg, prayer in school is not the answer, global warming exists and a new Constitutional amendment should not be created for hetero marriage, among many other social issues.

This is what bothers me. You guys admit that these important issues which Bush advocates are tenous at best, but have decided to vote for him based on the Griese/Lucas philosophy.

The undecided voters are not Christian exteremists (thus no Pat Robertson or Faldwell) they are middle ground voters who aren't convinced about the direction our economy is going or the war on terrorism or the religious agenda our country is headed for. Thus the RNC speakers. Brilliant plan on their part.

I can only hope that enough people hate Bush enough to vote this year (thus negating all poll stats)
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Professional Hipshooter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    I can only hope that enough people hate Bush enough to vote this year (thus negating all poll stats)

Unlikely, thank God. Most people are intelligent enough to not be blinded by the unreasoning hatred that's gripped the Democratic Party.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Republicans are using a Democrat (well, he calls himself one, but in reality he isn't one) and some Republicans that are closer to the center than Bush because the Republicans are trying to attract moderate votes. However, the truth is that Bush is far right wing and hopefully the citizens of this country can realize that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966
    Unlikely, thank God. Most people are intelligent enough to not be blinded by the unreasoning hatred that's gripped the Democratic Party.

And the right-wingers are in love with the left?

The Right has demonized "liberals" It doesn't matter if you're a veteran, college educated, etc. You are evil because your beliefs are NOT like those of the right

last night I heard hatred spewing from Miller and Cheney
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Professional Hipshooter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    And the right-wingers are in love with the left?
    Mostly we pity you the way we pity any other confused, misguided person with little awareness of their surroundings.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966
    confused, misguided person with little awareness of their surroundings.
    That sounds like a description of George W. Bush.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblizzard69
    The Republicans are using a Democrat (well, he calls himself one, but in reality he isn't one) and some Republicans that are closer to the center than Bush because the Republicans are trying to attract moderate votes. However, the truth is that Bush is far right wing and hopefully the citizens of this country can realize that.
    He is a DEM, but he is a conservative. At one time the DEM's had room for conservatives, but no longer. They have gone too far to the left, and have been taken over by wacko's like Dean and Michael Moore.

I think Zell is 100% correct, his party has moved away from him, he hasn't move away from them. He wants to fix the party, not hurt it. The DEM party needs a hard slap in the face, they got it last night.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not in the world I live in. He appears to be very aware of his surroundings, and more in tune with the American ppl than any of the DEM canidates
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Professional Hipshooter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Only to someone with little connection to the real world.
    Quote Quote