Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Source Pulls Support for Memos on Bush Guard Service

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Source Pulls Support for Memos on Bush Guard Service

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132157,00.html

WASHINGTON — A key source who was named to back up CBS News' claims about the authenticity of documents used in a report on President Bush's Air National Guard service has recanted his support, saying the network got the information wrong.
    Retired Major Gen. Bobby Hodges, a key source behind a "60 Minutes" story that claims Bush shirked his guard duty, said that now that he has seen the memos, he does not believe they are authentic...
    23 January 2003: "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real...." ---Senator John Kerry

W'04
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132157,00.html

WASHINGTON — A key source who was named to back up CBS News' claims about the authenticity of documents used in a report on President Bush's Air National Guard service has recanted his support, saying the network got the information wrong.
    Retired Major Gen. Bobby Hodges, a key source behind a "60 Minutes" story that claims Bush shirked his guard duty, said that now that he has seen the memos, he does not believe they are authentic...
    This is going to sink CBS for a # of years as far as with their credibility and it will be the final nail in the Kerry campaign coffin.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Notice the resident liberal Bush-haters aren't commenting. Blitz is probably rechecking his "sources"...
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot
    Notice the resident liberal Bush-haters aren't commenting. Blitz is probably rechecking his "sources"...
    I'm pretty sure they know their political party got caught here. I think they also have to admit there is a LIBERAL bias within the main press. This is a very tough pill for most DEM's to have to swallow.

I just wish they would make their leaders reagain their once proud place in this country. These left wing wackos have driven the DEM party into the ground. Really it's a shame.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    you know it is amazing that the liberal bush haters (okay I am sure some of them like women...) are illogical enough to post crap about bush all day, yet logical enough to hide when proven wrong.

selective insanity?
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Foxnews.com

Come back when you have an unbiased source.

Come on, you know you would say the same if I posted something from CNN.com.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    An unbiased source? That's rich. The one good thing I'll say for Fox News is that you know where they're coming from. Then again, I guess we know where CBS is coming from now as well.

This is all over the press, so take a second and check out news.google.com for yourself if *you* want another source.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, from New Orleans
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can you imagine the furor if the roles were reversed????

How can anyone that doesnt have their head in the sand deny the liberal bias that exists in the media?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not going to go shining apples for the right here, either. There are examples of conservative bias out there, too. Look at talk radio. Look at Fox News. Look at stories that get killed outside the news room on a corporate level because most of the media is owned by conglomerates.

It is a fact that most reporters are liberals. It is also a fact that most reporters do a good job of separating their politics from their work. The bad actors make the decent ones look bad, but that is the way it always is.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    I'm not going to go shining apples for the right here, either. There are examples of conservative bias out there, too. Look at talk radio. Look at Fox News. Look at stories that get killed outside the news room on a corporate level because most of the media is owned by conglomerates.

It is a fact that most reporters are liberals. It is also a fact that most reporters do a good job of separating their politics from their work. The bad actors make the decent ones look bad, but that is the way it always is.
    Its a fact that most editors and news organization owners like Rupert Murdoch are conservative. There's liberal biases out there, I do think CBS is one. I also know there's conservative biases out there, like Fox. MSNBC is pretty moderate, and I dont watch NBC or ABC, so I cant say, but if I were to choose, Id say ABC is probably conservative, NBC Im not sure, probably moderate since MSNBC is. CNN plays on public opinion. Concerning newspapers, its mixed. Washington Post is liberal, Washington Times is conservative. Miami Herald is conservative, Sun-Sentinel is liberal.
    Quote Quote