Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 12 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I've come to a realization.

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Humboldt Country, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

I've come to a realization.

After giving it some thought, i decided im more of a moderate. im sick of all the left wing people around where i live, and while i agree w/ somethings they do, i dont agree w/ all, and the same goes for the right, i dont agree w/ somethings, but i do agree w/ other things.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nothing wrong with being in the middle. The problem is that moderate Republicans are not welcome within the Republican unless they "tow the line". Many moderate Republicans have chosen to "retire" (RE: Rep. Jack Quinn (R-NY) because they have the audacity not to agree with DeLay. Moderate Democrats are welcome in the Democratic party and I haven't seen any similiar situations as compared to the right.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by modestophinfan
    After giving it some thought, i decided im more of a moderate. im sick of all the left wing people around where i live, and while i agree w/ somethings they do, i dont agree w/ all, and the same goes for the right, i dont agree w/ somethings, but i do agree w/ other things.
    I've always been a moderate, leaning right on social isues while going left on economic ones. IMO, anyone who absolutey follows extreme left OR right agendas are extreme radicals!! having said that, I can honestly say that I've never voted a straight ticket in my life, no pun intended!!
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    Nothing wrong with being in the middle. The problem is that moderate Republicans are not welcome within the Republican unless they "tow the line". Many moderate Republicans have chosen to "retire" (RE: Rep. Jack Quinn (R-NY) because they have the audacity not to agree with DeLay. Moderate Democrats are welcome in the Democratic party and I haven't seen any similiar situations as compared to the right.
    Clump, I like you and you are smart, but what are you talking about here? Did you see the slate of speakers at each convention this summer?

Bill Clinton
    Hillary Clinton
    Ted Kennedy
    Howard Dean
    Barak Obama

Rudy Guilliani
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    John McCain
    Zell Miller

You tell me which list is more moderate.

Sorry, but I think you are dead wrong in your statement. The Republican party has welcomed all people. Always has. The dems are the ones who have gone so far to the left that their whole agenda today is almost completely out of the mainstream. You say that Bush is such an unpopular president, but look at the polls. It just tells you how out of touch with America the Democratic platform is.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Old School

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28
    Clump, I like you and you are smart, but what are you talking about here? Did you see the slate of speakers at each convention this summer?

Bill Clinton
    Hillary Clinton
    Ted Kennedy
    Howard Dean
    Barak Obama

Rudy Guilliani
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
    John McCain
    Zell Miller

You tell me which list is more moderate.

Sorry, but I think you are dead wrong in your statement. The Republican party has welcomed all people. Always has. The dems are the ones who have gone so far to the left that their whole agenda today is almost completely out of the mainstream. You say that Bush is such an unpopular president, but look at the polls. It just tells you how out of touch with America the Democratic platform is.
    The repubs you list are not running the show... Thats just it, they were there for SHOW! APPEARANCE ONLY.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Anybody who thinks Republicans in NY and CA are of the same breed as Republicans you'll find in Republican strongholds like Idaho and Mississippi doesn't know a damn thing about the Republican Party.

Dick Cheney, Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, David Duke - The vast majority of staunch Republicans have much more in common with this group than they do with Schwarzenegger, Giuliani, and McCain.

BTW, what's wrong with Barack Obama? He gave a wonderful speech that called for true unity. Zell Miller, on the other hand, thought he was auditioning for the role of Freddy Krueger in the upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street movie.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    tehMick PWNS my life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    BTW, what's wrong with Barack Obama? He gave a wonderful speech that called for true unity. Zell Miller, on the other hand, thought he was auditioning for the role of Freddy Krueger in the upcoming Nightmare on Elm Street movie.
    both had great speeches
    Shut the front door, you son-of-a-businessman.

PPKREW
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really, then how do you explain McCain and Guilianiu getting such prominate speaking roles in the REP convention?
    Tell me where were the Zell Miller's and Liberman's in the DEM convention?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Really? Last time I checked, the front runners for the GOP ticket in 2008 are all either Moderates(Giulliani) or have taken a hard stance AGAINST some of the basic GOP planks(McCain). Compare that to the Democrat front runners(Hillary), and tell me who is looking to move more towards the center? BTW, it's "toe the line", not "tow". It comes from a military/maritime reference of standing with your toes even with the man next to you when on review.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    BTW, what's wrong with Barack Obama? He gave a wonderful speech that called for true unity.
    I didn't say anything was wrong with Obama! It's just that he gave all conservative points in his speech, and he was at the wrong convention. The dems always speak of "unity" and use scare tactics against the Republicans.

It's always a show of fiction when it comes to liberals.
    Quote Quote