Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merged: Advice given to Dolphins/ Ron Wolf says.....rebuild now

1. -11
    The name's Bond...James Bond.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madison's cap hit makes him nearly impossible to trade, even if he does look much better than last year. No, the rebuilding will come in the offseason. Slash the dead weight from the roster, thus saving around $18 million, get as much as possible for Ricky Williams and trade down from our likely top 5 pick and stockpile a bunch of draft picks.
    Dallas might end up with a top 5 pick from Buffalo. They'd probably pay a big price to draft a pair of top 5 guys. Get their #1 (their own, not the one from Buffalo), #2, #3 and a future #1.

Check out some of my other work:

• Dr. Stats, the best fantasy football site on the internet, with weekly projections and plenty of regular articles.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For the people who always bring up Dallas in RW trade ideas....HE AINT GOING THERE! Parcells is in love with Julius Jones, and I gotta say the guy does look good even though he is injured now. I think he could be their full-time starter NOW. In addition, Parcells isn't going to give much, or anything, for a pot smoking PITA like RW.

2 best places for RW = Oakland & Philly

I brought it up in a thread on another board and people thought I was clowning. But I think we should seriously consider the fact Philly could offer us our 2nd round pick BACK to us for RW that we gave up for Feeley. They still have a 2nd then, get there guy, we have our high 2nd back, and can move on.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambOfCommerce
    For the people who always bring up Dallas in RW trade ideas....HE AINT GOING THERE! Parcells is in love with Julius Jones, and I gotta say the guy does look good even though he is injured now. I think he could be their full-time starter NOW. In addition, Parcells isn't going to give much, or anything, for a pot smoking PITA like RW.
    2 best places for RW = Oakland & Philly
    I brought it up in a thread on another board and people thought I was clowning. But I think we should seriously consider the fact Philly could offer us our 2nd round pick BACK to us for RW that we gave up for Feeley. They still have a 2nd then, get there guy, we have our high 2nd back, and can move on.
    Um, I never mentioned Ricky Williams going to Dallas. I mentioned the possibility of our top 5 draft pick going to Dallas. I'm well aware of the presence of Julius Jones in the Cowboys backfield.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finhead4life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't see us getting rid of Surtain.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Predaphin
    no more taking away from our defense, that is the strong point in Miami, we need to change regimes instead.
    Yeah, but in order to build a strong offense, you need to get rid of certain guys on defense in order to either make a good deal for anoffensive guy, or to get some good picks for this next draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I missed this before. What makes you think Philly would do that trade? At this point, they'd be moving a top 40 pick for a backup QB. If we decided to trade Feeley (and I doubt that will happen, but let's assume for the moment that we did), I think we'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder at this point. He's done nothing but hurt his trade value.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hello,Miami is already in this faze.Miami has 4 new lineman,1wr(1 on IR too),RB,QB,DT,Nickle back,Dime Back,and FS.

Indy didnt go after Mike cause he is a Man cover and not a Cover 2 CB.Also the FACT that he is a head ache in the locker room.

GB made a smart move to get a 2nd and J.T Sullivan who will be a starter someday for A OVERATED Mckenzie.**** Miami would get a 1st for EITHER 1 of our CB's.They are playing very solid,
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bel Air, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phunwin
    Um, I never mentioned Ricky Williams going to Dallas. I mentioned the possibility of our top 5 draft pick going to Dallas. I'm well aware of the presence of Julius Jones in the Cowboys backfield.
    I didn't follow your first post well.

But, no way Dallas trades all that just to jump up and have a second pick in the top 7-8. It would make no sense to give up all that just to move up 6-9 slots (estimating the Cowboys won't make the playoffs this year).
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't follow your first post well.
    But, no way Dallas trades all that just to jump up and have a second pick in the top 7-8. It would make no sense to give up all that just to move up 6-9 slots (estimating the Cowboys won't make the playoffs this year).
    See, I think there's a good chance they make the playoffs. They're 2-1 and play in a weak conference. So I'm thinking that the Cowboys would be looking to trade up from around #22-24 to around #3-7. The price I mentioned is right around normal for that sort of jump. With two top picks like that, they could add a pair of tremendous playmakers.

Obviously, Dallas isn't the only possibility, they just came to my mind as a team that might like two high picks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfanrodney
    I just don't see us getting rid of Surtain.
    Did you ever see us getting rid of Troy Vincent?
    Quote Quote