Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ricky?!?!

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Trade Ricky?!?!

All ive heard about since ricky came back into the newspapers is "lets trade him for some draft picks" and that great, if we can get a 2nd round hopefully a 1st round pick for him id do it in a heartbeat. but lets not get ahead of ourselves. first of all lets gets ricky's rights. If he files for bankruptcy (which is what people have reported he might do) we dont get anything he becomes a free agent, and we dont get ****! . i hope we are able to get draft picks for him. can u imagine if we get a first round pick from the oakland raiders or another team. With our 1st overall id get a Qb and with the 2nd 1st round pcik id get an o-line or the other way around depending on how the picks land. . But like i said lets not get ahead of ourselves lets hope we egt to keep rickys rights.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I think it has been proven that the "Bankruptcy means FA talk" is bullsh*t. We own his rights now matter what he does.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

yea

yea thats what i thought but i heard it on the news a couple of times today even on ESPN this morning saying that he might file for bankruptcy which would make him a FA.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You might of asked about this before you posted this thread. It was ruled two days ago or so, that if Ricky pays back the money, files bankruptcy, The Dolphins still own his rights for three years. Thats why all of a sudden he wants a hearing, because he screwed himself!

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali
    You might of asked about this before you posted this thread. It was ruled two days ago or so, that if Ricky pays back the money, files bankruptcy, The Dolphins still own his rights for three years. Thats why all of a sudden he wants a hearing, because he screwed himself!
    Exactly!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    upstate ny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Go PHINS!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can't forget that we gave up 2 first rounders to get Ricky. Our offense needs someone of his talent really bad. I know nobody wants to admit it, but even he would make our line look better. Ricky is a baller. I say bring him back, as long as he apologizes to the team and the fans.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard on 790 AM on the way home that Ricky was inteviewed today. He apparently said that he has his "passion" for football back and would play for the league minimum, if he had to, because the money means so little to him. However, he clearly said that he would not apologize because he was "following his heart" and never intended to hurt anyone. Ricky's days in Miami are over whether he comes back to football or not. He realistically amounts to nothing more to us than a couple of draft picks and a distraction.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowl

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ok, a lot of people haven't been reading whats going on i guess....

Ricky wants to be traded. thats why he is trying to file for NFL eligibility before the 19 October trade deadline. He is threatening the dolphins with filing for bankruptcy if they don't trade him.

In other words, he wants to play but NOT in miami.... and he is willing to threaten miami to do it.

capiche?
    Need financial help/advice?
    I can help you with your 401ks, IRAs, Roths, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, etc...

Support our Armed Forces!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The best thing the Dolphins can hope for if we trade Ricky is a conditional second or third round pick. If we deal him (and I think we should), I think the draft picks will ones in 2006 so that they can be conditional on his performance next year. I'm not sure if you can trade a suspended player or not but he won't be eligible to play until next July so if you can't trade a suspended player, he won't be traded until then. He isn't suspended now but will be once he unretires.
    Quote Quote