Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Rams Lurkers/Posters

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks

Question for Rams Lurkers/Posters

I've believed for the longest time that possibly the only coach that is worse of a coach than Wanny has been over hte past few years has been Mike Martz. The guy was lucky enough to inherit a system from Dick Vermeil and take his guys to the Super Bowl, only to lose to New England. Then the next season the Rams underachieved, then the season after that you had the Kurt Warner fiasco, where Martz looked just as clueless as Wanny has looked at times.

Martz is looking a little better nowadays (at least better than Wanny)...what do you think of Mike Martz?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I am a Dan but not a Lt.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eglin AFB (Ft.Walton Beach Fl.)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTate
    I've believed for the longest time that possibly the only coach that is worse of a coach than Wanny has been over hte past few years has been Mike Martz. The guy was lucky enough to inherit a system from Dick Vermeil and take his guys to the Super Bowl, only to lose to New England. Then the next season the Rams underachieved, then the season after that you had the Kurt Warner fiasco, where Martz looked just as clueless as Wanny has looked at times.

Martz is looking a little better nowadays (at least better than Wanny)...what do you think of Mike Martz?
    For some reason Terry, the Rams don't seem like a team who would have "lurkers". They are too nice!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    4 Handicap, trying to get to scratch

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chestermere Lake, Alberta, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he's a good coach. but thats just me, maybe its because right now I think anybody other than wanny is a good coach. I've seen such bad coaching from wanny the past 4 years that any coach looks good to me
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Just Nuts

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In your attic
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The coach of spieces 4358 is not exceptional...he has an abundance of talent surrounding him that covers his mediocre field general-ship. If Miami's 1 of 18 had such talent they would be 5-1. They would have defeated the Boston-Bush-Borg and his evil Indistinguishable from humans Brady-Borg.

Talent covers up a multitude of sins. Middle of the road coaches like Martz can succeed to an extent before their flaws are exposed. i.e. Not reaching for the Brass Ring at the end of last years playoff game against Carolina.

The Faulty Drone Gregg Williams is an example of a co-ordinator who was given a shot, with a talented team, but did not meet the required level perfection. No amount of talent can keep a badly flawed coach a-float for long... and if a team is further hampered by poor co-ordinators or assistants, it will be painfully evident, sooner rather than later.

I feel the pain of the PhishPhans, this became evident to me on the recent assimilation of Oct. 17th...our minds are one..our thoughts are one..
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I am a Dan but not a Lt.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eglin AFB (Ft.Walton Beach Fl.)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobian
    The coach of spieces 4358 is not exceptional...he has an abundance of talent surrounding him that covers his mediocre field general-ship. If Miami's 1 of 18 had such talent they would be 5-1. They would have defeated the Boston-Bush-Borg and his evil Indistinguishable from humans Brady-Borg.

Talent covers up a multitude of sins. Middle of the road coaches like Martz can succeed to an extent before their flaws are exposed. i.e. Not reaching for the Brass Ring at the end of last years playoff game against Carolina.

The Faulty Drone Gregg Williams is an example of a co-ordinator who was given a shot, with a talented team, but did not meet the required level perfection. No amount of talent can keep a badly flawed coach a-float for long... and if a team is further hampered by poor co-ordinators or assistants, it will be painfully evident, sooner rather than later.

I feel the pain of the PhishPhans, this became evident to me on the recent assimilation of Oct. 17th...our minds are one..our thoughts are one..
    WTF?????????
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    All over the place
    Thanks / No Thanks

What the hell is wrong with you? Not trying to make a personall attack but really i want to know. I think you may have been watching to many sci-fi movies on a split screen while watching Football
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Banned on Points

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Strong Island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Martz. He's an offensive minded coach and there's nothing I love more then good offense. I think he takes a lot of heat but doesn't deserve it. He's got a solid track record (even if he did inherit Vermil's team) and is very under appreciated by St. Louis fans!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On my way home i saw a huge pick-up truck with full St. Louis Rams regalia.
    It was pretty impressive.
    "I think we all feel that way about our mothers, and we all have legs."

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad528
    What the hell is wrong with you? Not trying to make a personall attack but really i want to know. I think you may have been watching to many sci-fi movies on a split screen while watching Football
    Chill out bro.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Don't act like you're not impressed....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville/Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

um, no offense or anything bro, but......huh? :huh:
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS- FREE AMERICA

Look out, SEC...he's comin...
    Quote Quote