Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

1. -11
    STAY LOW RUN FREE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like rasheed marshall out of WV hes a nice qb who reminds me of Aaron Brooks but smarter with the reads.

Thanks DM for the phin city sig!!
    HAPPY VALLEY
    Pirates
    76ers
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I definitely have to check him out. I like Rodgers, but wasn't overly impressed with him this past weekend. He looks good, but I don't know if he's a top pick.

They're comparing Orlavsky to Roethlesburger. Big, Strong, strong armed QB that dominates Big East competition. He may be a good mid-first round pick.

From NFL Draft Blitz...

Player Profile

Dan Orlovsky

School: Connecticut
    Position: Quarterback
    Class: Senior
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 226lbs
    40 Time: 4.65 (estimated)

Positives
    - Orvolsky could be be this year's version of Ben Roethlisberger, former Miami (OH) quarterback and now a Pittsburgh Steeler. Orvolsky has the size, strength and composure you look for in a quarterback. He has shown an ability to throw on the run and he maintains a nice tight spiral on his throws. He threw for 33 touchdowns for the Huskies last year. It's a definite plus that he has his whole offensive line plus his leading receiver all coming back, so Dan is primed for a big season. If he can be as productive as he was last year he'll sky-rocket up draft boards.

Weaknesses
    - No glaring weaknesses except for the fact he doesn't get much national attention playing for UConn. His footwork gets a little choppy during longer drops. Tries to do a little too much from time to time, but his decision making improved last season and there's no reason to believe it won't continue to do so this year. Sometimes puts a bit too much zip on short and intermediate throws.

Overall Analysis
    - Dan Orlovsky might not be a household name among fans of college football, but he certain is a player that the NFL scouts have their collective eye on. Orlovsky started 6 games during his true freshman season in 2001, and since that time has been the Huskies starting quarterback. Orlovsky threw for 3485 yards and 33 touchdowns while only tossing 14 interceptions during his junior season. There are two things that really stand out while looking at Orlovsky. The first thing is his physical skills. Orlovsky is big, has a big arm and seems to have a real presence while in the pocket. The second thing that stands out is the improvement he has shown throughout his college career. In 2001 Orlovsky looked like a player with some talent who was light years away from ever being a real effective player, but by 2003 Orlovsky was not only a great college player but looked like a very solid NFL prospect. If Orlovsky shows the same type of improvement in 2004, he should be a day one pick in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Reminds You Of:
    - Ben Roethlisberger
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A box around back
    Thanks / No Thanks

Future QB...

I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh yeah, one more thing: His first name is DAN!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    What you say?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually I think a rookie QB could start for us if he's well protected and plays smart like Rothy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    University of Arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Jones is a senior this year, so he will be in the upcoming draft. Even as a Razorbacks fan, it's tough to see Jones as a franchise QB. He is a playmaker though, and very quick on his feet. I just don't think he's the type of player that could make the NFL transition well.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    engage

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
    I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.
    I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My current list. Not that I count for anything.
    1. Rodgers Cal
    2. Orlovsky UConn
    3. Leinart USC I am worried about his arm strength and if his production may be due to the talent around him.
    4. Walter ASU plays well with little talent on his team. They cant run the ball... that sounds familiar :cry:
    5 Orton Purdue Seems to crumble under pressure. That scares me alot. Ryan Leaf anyone?
    6 Greene Geogia

Once again this is all just my opinion
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have watched a few Cal games and I think Aaron Rodgers is the real deal. :cooldude:
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A box around back
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SECfootball
    Matt Jones is a senior this year, so he will be in the upcoming draft. Even as a Razorbacks fan, it's tough to see Jones as a franchise QB. He is a playmaker though, and very quick on his feet. I just don't think he's the type of player that could make the NFL transition well.
    I thought he was a senior, but a couple of people have told me he was a shophomore, so I thought I was wrong. I really like him though. He's fast.
    Quote Quote