Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

1. -21
    Bleeder of Aqua and Orange

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People don't think there are people in this class that are franchise QBs, but there are. There actually might be more depth this year than in previous years. You just don't hear about the Derek Andersons, the Dan Orlovsky's, the Charlie Frye's, and other guys like that. Add guys like Rogers, Leinart, Walter, and Orton and thats not a bad class.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...norlovsky.html

Weakness:

Sometimes shows too much faith in his arm and will force throws into tight coverage...(Fiedler)......Doesn't throw the long ball well....(Fiedler)...Average mobility in the pocket.....(Fiedler)....and isn't a threat to run...(Fiedler, not a 'Vick')....Will get flustered under pressure...(Fiedler)....Has a long release...(Fiedler)....Takes a lot of big hits....(Fiedler).

I haven't reviewed all the QBs available yet and the above is just having fun.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Board Linebacker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Weaknesses
    - No glaring weaknesses except for the fact he doesn't get much national attention playing for UConn. His footwork gets a little choppy during longer drops. Tries to do a little too much from time to time, but his decision making improved last season and there's no reason to believe it won't continue to do so this year. Sometimes puts a bit too much zip on short and intermediate throws
    Doesn't sound too bad.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsNYanksFan13
    i'm not crazy about any of the QB's in this upcoming draft but if I had to go with one, it would be Leinart of Rodgers with Leinart getting the nod if u had a gun to my head!
    Yeah but these are usually the drafts that you get your best QB's out of, when your not crazy about any of them there usually comes good QB's out of a draft like that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indianapolis
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by killswitch
    I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.
    :roflmao: we might as well just give them the job and save the waste of time from the battle.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I totally agree that the Phins future QB is not in this draft. That's because we won't draft a high-round QB. Maybe a late-rounder for depth or as a project. But, I definatley think we should sign a Dree Brees, Rohan Davey, or John Kitna, this offseason and let him battle Feeley for the job. Use the high round picks on other needs, such as DT, OL, LB, etc.
    Yes lets keep bringing in other peoples scraps, lets waste another 5 years.

You see Big Ben for Pittsburgh, he could have been ours.

If Aaron Rodgers comes out draft him.
    WVDolphan:

"
    Fiedler did not have the arm strength of Tannehill, but overall he was a much better QB."

Attack the Person, Not the Ideas:

Attack the person in some way. For example:
    • Attack their expertise, questioning their qualifications or experience
    • Comment on their inability to make a good argument
    • Attach them to discredited others

Example

You are not qualified to make such a statement.
    You would say that, wouldn't you.
    And who do you think is going to believe you.

Attacking the Person is a form of distraction, forcing them into defense and away from their argument.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds intriguing, Anyone that reminds of Roeth I like, Big Ben is teh real deal. Orlovcky could be good. Rodgers would be my other choice. Leinart, I havent seen much of. How strong is his arm?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Being a big Dolphin fan and a UConn alumn this

would be my dream sceanrio. I think there is a real possibility that it happens. Rick went up to UConn to scout DO and came back talking about their LT which he thought might make a good NFL guard. Like the original post said UConn's OL isn't much to talk about so why was Rick changing the subject? Perhaps he was trying not to hype Orlovski any more than he arleady has been.

One thing that I think went unmentioned is that Dan is the son and has a coach and has a good football IQ, so much so that he has free reign to audible.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Miss July

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tallmadge, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather have Shane Boyd (Kentucky)... he's not well known but the dude is good. Has the heart we need, the ambition and talent. People dont know about him because he has a sorry team around him but this guy is amazing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hmmm john kitna now that's an idea!
    Quote Quote