Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Merged: I think i saw a future QB for the Dolphins Saturday/Future QB...

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I Bet A Rookie Qb For Us Can Compare Better Than The Way Feeley And Fiedler Have Played. Plus He Will Learn And Hit His Rookie Curves Pretty Fast And Be Much Better As Time Goes. So Id Say Hell Yes For A Rookie To Start For Us Next Year.

What Id Prefer Tho Is,we Get A Nice Rookie Qb,but Then Sign A Vet. Like Warner And Let Our Rook Devlop Under Warner And Learn The Nfl In Year One. And Then Let Him Start Like Palmer In Year Two,and By That Time The Oline Will Hopefully Be Improved
    Razz
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KyPhinfan13
    If you want to see a QB who's got some talent that plays in the state of Kentucky, look at Louisville...they've got two QB's with MAJOR potential. Brian Brohm (Jeff's little brother) and Stephan Lefors. Lefors is an interesting story in that his whole family is deaf. He's had to learn to be very receptive to everything around him. It might not help him on the field, but who knows?
    Ha ha ha a deaf quarterback? We should definitely move up as far as necessary to make sure we get him. While we're at it, maybe there's a good one-legged running back playing DII ball somewhere.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KyPhinfan13
    If you want to see a QB who's got some talent that plays in the state of Kentucky, look at Louisville...they've got two QB's with MAJOR potential. Brian Brohm (Jeff's little brother) and Stephan Lefors. Lefors is an interesting story in that his whole family is deaf. He's had to learn to be very receptive to everything around him. It might not help him on the field, but who knows?
    He plays with a lot of heart but IMO he is too small for a NFL QB.Maybe he will be picked up by CFL .

Stefan LeFors

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plantation
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think we have to go Q.B. with our #1 pick. We need to hedge our bet with Feeley and protect ourselves against A.J. not being the guy. Orlovsky is sure an exciting prospect with the size, the gun and the smarts. Start Feeley and groom Orlovsky and get rid of Fiedler. What's the deal with never playing Sage? Maybe replace him with a free agent veteran that's cost effective. Maybe Pitt will let Maddox go now that Ben has emerged as a star. Then go o-line till the cows come home. We've got to build the o-line through the draft but it's tough having all kids so I'm for going after 1 or 2 free agents especially LT and Center. New England threw everything they had at Ben and he cooly chopped them into pieces. Pittsburghs' o-line seemed very well coached and I didn't see missed assignments like we have here in Dolphinland. That o-line beat the tar out of the Pats and looked like they were having a good time doing it. Ben was ready with all the right checkoffs at all the right times. He didn't let the blitz stop his offense from rolling, moving the chains and just wearing out the Pats. Our Coaching isn't close to the Steelers. They were so prepared and ready. Tony Wise has to either do a better job fast or be fired. He is the o-line coach and we're making WAY to many mental errors out there on the field. Why aren't we super prepared and ready. I know we don't have the same talent as Pitt but this unit isn't poised and guys are coming in untouched. What's the deal Coach Wise? We've played better the last couple of weeks, I hope we're ready for the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Matt Jones will be a Jim Jenson type of player in the NFL. He will never be a quarterback and will likely never be a starter, but he is a player that will play great on special teams, play tight end, play H-Back, play receiver, and even be a gimmick player in goal line sets.

I'd really consider drafting him as a "jack-of-all-trades" type of player. The ultimate utility guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
    I know what I'm about to say is giong to make a lot of Dolphins fans mad, because everyone wants an answer to the QB problem now, but I honestly don't think that the Dolphins future quarterback is in this draft (unless he comes out early. Which I don't think he'll do). What I think the Dolphins should do, and I've been saying this for a while, is sign Drew Brees or someone like him for a few years, and in a year or 2, depending on when he comes out, draft Matt Jones from Arkansas. There are a lot of young quarterback's in this league, so he should drop pretty far if the Dolphins have a low pick. I don't know how far though. They may have to trade up, but I think he's worth it.
    you just rehashed the last 5 years in dolphin land. Interim QB while we "wait" for a stud to draft. Problem is you don't get to draft a stud QB unless you've got a high pick. You have to lost a lot to get a high pick. That's why you pick the man when you have the shot instead of hoping that you have a bust season when Jones comes out.
    Quote Quote