Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Job growth soars

  1. -1
    BAMAPHIN 22's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    19,668
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Job growth soars

    U.S. job growth soared in October, blowing away even the most optimistic forecasts on Wall Street, as employers ended months of sluggish hiring that had caused worries about the strength of the economic recovery.

    Employers added 337,000 jobs to their payrolls last month, up from a revised 139,000 in September, the Labor Department reported. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com were looking for a gain of 175,000.

    The unemployment rate came in at 5.5 percent, up from 5.4 percent in September. The unemployment rate edged up because there were 367,000 more people in the labor force, the department said.

    http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/05/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    ltfinfan's Avatar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,005
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    out of my G**D*** mind
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great now all i need is a raise
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    DeDolfan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    7,311
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAPHIN 22
    U.S. job growth soared in October, blowing away even the most optimistic forecasts on Wall Street, as employers ended months of sluggish hiring that had caused worries about the strength of the economic recovery.

    Employers added 337,000 jobs to their payrolls last month, up from a revised 139,000 in September, the Labor Department reported. Economists surveyed by Briefing.com were looking for a gain of 175,000.

    The unemployment rate came in at 5.5 percent, up from 5.4 percent in September. The unemployment rate edged up because there were 367,000 more people in the labor force, the department said.

    http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/05/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    337K new jobs is good in anybodies book. But you left out the part about something said that alot were gov jobs and about half of them were in construction due to the storms that wiped out alot thru the south. Important thing here is that once rebuilt, will the jobs stay or will they be laid off?
    Also, the private sector job hiring is still way down tho. But even so, it is still good news, economy-wise at least.
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!



    Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Rafiki's Avatar
    The Truth (I promise)

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    5,118
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the article it says that most were in construction and service, which isn't really a big surprise. It also says that manufacturing jobs were lost again, which also isn't a real surprise.

    The sad fact is that higher paying jobs are getting less and less. The standard of living is also getting less and less.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Jimmy James's Avatar
    You sit on a throne of lies!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2003
    Posts:
    21,735
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Raf,

    Do you have hard numbers about the SoL, or are you just saying that based on your anecdotal experiences?




    I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Rafiki's Avatar
    The Truth (I promise)

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    5,118
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually I read it somewhere, yet I am unable to find the page where I read that.

    But I thought that this was an interesting read.

    http://www.nam.org/s_nam/doc1.asp?CID=201720&DID=226647
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    PhinPhan1227's Avatar
    Why is there a watermelon there?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    15,647
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDolfan
    337K new jobs is good in anybodies book. But you left out the part about something said that alot were gov jobs and about half of them were in construction due to the storms that wiped out alot thru the south. Important thing here is that once rebuilt, will the jobs stay or will they be laid off?
    Also, the private sector job hiring is still way down tho. But even so, it is still good news, economy-wise at least.

    70k were a result of hurricane relief/repair. I'm not great at math, but that is not exactly "half".
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    ohall's Avatar
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2002
    Posts:
    26,945
    vCash:
    7013
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDolfan
    337K new jobs is good in anybodies book.
    But you'll bash it anyway. Get real!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Wakey's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    1,821
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Atlanta, from New Orleans
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can see the sniping now..

    Headline reads.. "Iraq holds elections, people overjoyed with praise for America's sacrifice"

    Leftits here will still shout, where is the WMD?

    Only Politics would allow someone to hate the POTUS for doing what he thought was protecting America post 9-11.

    And Republicans are the dummies?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    DeDolfan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    7,311
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    Raf,

    Do you have hard numbers about the SoL, or are you just saying that based on your anecdotal experiences?

    http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/bp154
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Sign Of The Times: Food Stamp Use Soars
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 01:25 AM
  2. U.S. popularity soars in Indonesia
    By zach13 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
  3. team growth
    By arsenal in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •