Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: BS conversation starters

1. -1
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

BS conversation starters

http://www.militia-watchdog.org/ccc.asp

What follows is a chronology of events and reporting of a peculiar scandal surrounding Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott and Georgia Congressman Robert "Bob" Barr over the nature and extent of connections they may have had with a racist group known as the Council of Conservative Citizens. This group, sporting about 15,000 members, mostly in the South, is essentially a descendant of the white Citizens’ Councils that formerly opposed integration in the South. Headed by Gordon Lee Baum, a St. Louis lawyer, its issues involve the protection of "European-American" heritage against the hordes of minorities.

To someone who follows the extreme right, as I do, what happened in the winter of 1998-99 was not really "news," for the Council had long trumpeted its association with politicians such as Trent Lott. Outside the circles of the extreme right, however, this was not widely known. When it was brought to the attention of the mainstream media, it became big news. The situation is reminiscent of the 1996 presidential primary season, when one of Patrick Buchanan’s campaign chairmen was forced to resign after his ties with white supremacist and other extremist groups became known to the mainstream media. Watchdog groups, of course, had long known Larry Pratt’s extensive involvement with the extreme right.

Nevertheless, it is indeed an important issue that major leaders in the United States have been accused of connections with racist groups. We should be pleased that the media has given it the attention that it has.

To allow someone to follow the scandal and its history, I have provided this chronology, based on public source information. The dates in the chronology are actually the dates in which the articles on which the chronology is based were printed, not the date that Person X said Quote Y. This was done to allow people to find the articles more easily. One exception is that Associated Press reports are usually released on the same day, not the day after. This is also true of television shows.

that our civil rights have no dependence on religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics and geometry.”
    --Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by finataxia24; 11-13-2004 at 07:47 PM. Reason: showing the who controls the right
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    tehMick PWNS my life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finataxia24
    http://www.militia-watchdog.org/ccc.asp

What follows is a chronology of events and reporting of a peculiar scandal surrounding Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott and Georgia Congressman Robert "Bob" Barr over the nature and extent of connections they may have had with a racist group known as the Council of Conservative Citizens. This group, sporting about 15,000 members, mostly in the South, is essentially a descendant of the white Citizens’ Councils that formerly opposed integration in the South. Headed by Gordon Lee Baum, a St. Louis lawyer, its issues involve the protection of "European-American" heritage against the hordes of minorities.

To someone who follows the extreme right, as I do, what happened in the winter of 1998-99 was not really "news," for the Council had long trumpeted its association with politicians such as Trent Lott. Outside the circles of the extreme right, however, this was not widely known. When it was brought to the attention of the mainstream media, it became big news. The situation is reminiscent of the 1996 presidential primary season, when one of Patrick Buchanan’s campaign chairmen was forced to resign after his ties with white supremacist and other extremist groups became known to the mainstream media. Watchdog groups, of course, had long known Larry Pratt’s extensive involvement with the extreme right.

Nevertheless, it is indeed an important issue that major leaders in the United States have been accused of connections with racist groups. We should be pleased that the media has given it the attention that it has.

To allow someone to follow the scandal and its history, I have provided this chronology, based on public source information. The dates in the chronology are actually the dates in which the articles on which the chronology is based were printed, not the date that Person X said Quote Y. This was done to allow people to find the articles more easily. One exception is that Associated Press reports are usually released on the same day, not the day after. This is also true of television shows.

that our civil rights have no dependence on religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics and geometry.”
    --Thomas Jefferson

Congrats, you're just a hypocrite. You claim your great Christian faith, but now you think people should feel guilty for their belief in GOd
    Shut the front door, you son-of-a-businessman.

PPKREW
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

assumptions are the devil
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling
    Congrats, you're just a hypocrite. You claim your great Christian faith, but now you think people should feel guilty for their belief in GOd
    Speaking of being hypocritical, congrats to the Religious Right for being complete hypocrites on the grounds of homosexuals. Liberty for everyone except humans who happen to be born homosexual!(and no I'm not gay). I guess it's only a matter of time before it finally sinks in. It really scares me how the most devoted "Christians" in this country are some of the most hateful individuals on the planet.
    Quote Quote