Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Wolf

1. -1
    Section 429 Row 17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ron Wolf

I don't care what it takes.

HIRE RON WOLF

Give him total control. He may be able to bring Holmgren in too.
    If we are gonna make changes they have to be major changes.
    LetsGoFins
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Santa Fe
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know who the hell this is. But we need a lot of knew changes. We should have drafted Stephen Jackson. That would have been nice. Unless Carey does something worth while.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    THAT WOULD BE THE MOST MOVE THIS FRANCHISE TAKES SINCE 83 DRAFT!!!! I'VE SAID THIS IN NUMEROUS POSTS..ALONG WITH TED COTTRELL.

Yes that was in bold for a reason:-)
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every single OL that was drafted in the past 3 years started as a rookie, except George Foster for the Broncos and Vernon Carey for the Dolphins.

Foster, by the way, is the subject of much criticism after his unnecessary chop block during the Bengals game. Apparently, Foster needed an entire year to learn the Bronco's chopblocking schemes!

Foster is doing fairly well (read: Ok, not horrible) for the Broncos, so there's some hope for Carey, I suppose.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    the N E W Dolphilbins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we tried last year he said NO
    maybe he didnt like wanny so there is hope!!
    We move Marshall for all the right reasons, miss out on ole' manning.. then when they dont overpay a backup qb : it's the last straw and jokers are protesting outside the stadium ! All brainwashed by the media. There's no pressure from within the walls of the office, it's all from the uneducated fanbase, and that's why a movement was made to inform the fans of what's going on, because all they had to go off of was the media.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dont have a linky....but just within the last week he said he has zero interest in joining Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ron Wolf, who chose not to pursue a chance to run the Dolphins' football operations last season, said Monday that he plans to remain retired and not pursue the franchise's upcoming vacancy at president following Eddie Jones' retirement.

Wolf, who rebuilt the Green Bay Packers while serving as general manager from 1991 to 2001 before retiring, did speak with the Dolphins about a consulting position that never panned out.

Asked whether he had spoken with the Dolphins about an upcoming job opportunity, Wolf said, "I have not and I don't think I will. I went down there to explore things being part-time. They didn't really have interest, and I can't imagine them having interest now."

Wolf also disagreed with a longstanding belief that he could have become Dolphins president last year. "It wasn't like that," he said.

NFL executive Jim Steeg, who spoke with owner H. Wayne Huizenga about the presidency in September, is out of the running after being announced Monday as San Diego's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't want Wolf as long term GM, but not a bad guy for Wayne to bounce things off of. Maybe he can recommend somebody, or at least provide Wayne with some idea of how to structure a franchise, something Wayne obviously has failed at.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah.
    we already know.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchTime
    Ron Wolf, who chose not to pursue a chance to run the Dolphins' football operations last season, said Monday that he plans to remain retired and not pursue the franchise's upcoming vacancy at president following Eddie Jones' retirement.

Wolf, who rebuilt the Green Bay Packers while serving as general manager from 1991 to 2001 before retiring, did speak with the Dolphins about a consulting position that never panned out.

Asked whether he had spoken with the Dolphins about an upcoming job opportunity, Wolf said, "I have not and I don't think I will. I went down there to explore things being part-time. They didn't really have interest, and I can't imagine them having interest now."

Wolf also disagreed with a longstanding belief that he could have become Dolphins president last year. "It wasn't like that," he said.

NFL executive Jim Steeg, who spoke with owner H. Wayne Huizenga about the presidency in September, is out of the running after being announced Monday as San Diego's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines
    Jim Steeg was brought in to try to get the Chargers a new stadium deal. If the Chargers keep winning then it may happen, but if they turn south again, it will be very hard to get a new stadium!
    Quote Quote