Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Defensive tackle over Oline

1. -1
    R.I.P. djfresh47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Defensive tackle over Oline

I believe that if AJ continues to play bad a Qb will be taken with the first rd pick. I'm not gonna predict trades because they're just too hard to do, I don't know if the team can trade down and accumulate draft picks, a more realistic option might be to trade the '06 1st rd pick if there is someone available that the team loves in the 20-25 range in the 1st rd. Alright I don't think AJ will be the answer but just assuming he proves me wrong, why would fans think that oline is a bigger problem than Dt? Tim Bowens may retire, Larry Chester is coming off injury, Jeff Zgonia and Bryan Robinson are not the answer, with the worst run defense in the league isn't dt a more pressing need than oline? I also think if there is any pick that is "safe" it's a dt, although taking a Qb number one is not as risky as one thinks. The only real bust Dt I can think of going high in recent drafts are Wendell Bryant and Dan Wilkinson. I think it might not even matter but if AJ plays alright a defensive tackle is a much bigger need than oline imo, I really don't think many fans realize this but the Phins are 1st against the pass and last agains the run, injuries are part of the problem but with the uncertanity surronding Tim Bowens and Larry Chester a DT should be considered above any Ol in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We need lineman end of story. D line and O line. I would not waste a first round pick on a QB until the O-line is built.
    Please don't look dumb by predicting a 30+ point week for the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well the best scenario would be for AJ to work out. We'll find that out shortly.

If he doesn't work, then I think we should get a QB in the later rounds and go after Brees, assuming he's available.

But I think it's safe to say that our first draft pick will be either a QB or lineman. It's all going to depend on who's coach/gm.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    We'll Miss You Nubs

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just said in another post that we should look at Rodrique Wright if we can trade down 4-6 spots, but I think we will end up getting both OL and DT. I think Surtain is going to be traded for a 1st that will hopefully land us Elton Brown. If we get Wright and Brown then I hope Alex Smith in the second(from trading out of #1) this would be ideal. I dont know about Wilkerson since his knee injury but I would love to see us take a shot at him in the 3rd if hes there.
    Quote Quote