Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FinHeaven's 2005 Salary Cap Page Unleashed

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    Eb: You are incorrect
    you say that every year when I forcast doom and gloom for the Miami cap...and then my forecast comes true...stop being soft because they like you here.
    December 1, 2002........38-21......snow...snow...and more snow...
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer12
    you say that every year when I forcast doom and gloom for the Miami cap...and then my forecast comes true...stop being soft because they like you here.
    every year? am i missing something? or did websters dictionary change the definition of "doom and gloom." into a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 contending team?
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    We'll Miss You Nubs

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looking at the cap page if we trade Surtain for a late 1st, cut Seau, Feidler, Konrad, David Bowens, Tim Bowens, St. Clair, and Freeman we could be as much as 12 million under the cap. Also what is the cap hit for dropping Boston?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Fluff Girls are underpaid.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well ladies, they don't call it rebuilding for nothing. Time to part ways and plan for the future. I've been saying it all along, you can't rebuild and keep the stars. It doesn't work that way.

It's time to think about the future. And, I'm sorry, but 1 or 2 bad moves (debatable) on Rick's behalf does not cover up 4 years of bad drafts by Wanny. Let us not forget, the reason we need depth is Wanny.

My cuts (cap savings/dead cap):

1) J. Fieldler - $5.43M/$2.69M
    2) R. Konrad - $.95M/$.30M
    3) D. Thompson - $1.2M/$.56M
    4) J. Seau - $3.15M/$.70M
    5) P. Surtain - $5.85M/$2.53M (trade)
    6) A. Freeman - $3M/$0M

My restructures/resignings (cap hit):

1) J. St. Clair - $1.4M
    2) D. Bowens - $2.2M
    3) T. Bowens - $2.9M (retire?)
    4) L. Chester - $2.5M (injury status?)

That's roughly $19.6M in savings with $6.78M dead space to carry forward. Without addressing the outlined restructures/resignings. I know die hards LUV Surtain, but $5.85M is TOO much CAP to GAIN and we CANNOT pay him what he deserves. Tough decisions have to be made. Cutting him loose might prolong other players sticking around. Keep that in mind as well.

I did not include Mac or Feeley in my thoughts. I think one must truly consider the FUTURE. With Mac, we can honestly walk away and hardly even flinch. The backside of his contract might not be so appealing in a few years.

Feeley is definitely a potential cut. But, honestly, I think it is foolish to jettison the guy since he has no ties to the "old" Fins and the jury is still out. NO MATTER HOW MANY DEBATES ARE HAD.

The Defensive interior is in DIRE need of a HEALTHY overhaul. We need YOUTH and HEALTH at the position. Looks like at least 2 or 3 DT signing/draftees in camp this year.

My Draft board (in order of importance):

1) RB (Benson AND Gordon - in this league TWO "franchise" caliber backs are needed)
    2) LT
    3) DT
    4) DT
    5) LB/ST
    6) S/ST

My Free Agent Board (in order of importance):

1) LT
    2) DT

I only list two FAs because I feel the $$$$ necessary to get the two positions will come at a PREMIUM. If we get a LT in FA, none needed in draft. However, 3 new options at DT wouldn't offend me simply due to health. We need to focus on Draft QUALITY and DEPTH. It is time to make the Draft our centerpiece of incoming talent. And then make KEY additions in FA with QUALITY YOUNG TALENT.

These ARE MY OPINIONS. I don't care who you LOVE or HATE... it's time to put away the women and children and get to work. SUFFER NOW or SUFFER LATER... that is the Cap Motto. We've already started bleeding with this year... a little more pain ain't gonna hurt. DO IT RIGHT!

Oh, and remember, I don't care how big the name is... EVERYONE is EXPENDIBLE.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you missed only one thing. a center. thats GOTTA be on your draft board.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _dan24
    Bye Jay....
    should of been 3 years ago
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philter25
    Its called trading down in the draft to avoid paying a #2 pick in the draft and acquiring more picks.

We will be fine. Our youngsters have been lookin pretty good and we have players that want to be on our team who will restructure if needed : Thomas, Taylor, and Madison.

The only player who screws us is Howard.
    Another thing to take into consideration is the position for which you spend a #2 pick for. Example, a LT or C will cost less to sign than a QB. So, while it would be better to trade down and acquire more picks, we may not have a choice but to take the #2 pick (if noone wants to make that deal). Either way it is still cheaper to build up our O-line (our #1 priority) than to go after that top QB.

I feel, however, that if Surtain is cut, Madison will want to go elsewhere as well. From what I have read here on this board, Madison would cost more to cut than Pat. If we are to make room, it is definitely going to have to come from the defensive side of the ball. That's the price we pay when we put 70% of our cap on one side of the ball. :smackhead

"That's canine profiling and I resent it." - Frank the Pug
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Section 415, Row 17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we trade Surtain, we don't take a dead money cap hit do we? Don't we trade his signing bonus too?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Fluff Girls are underpaid.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philter25
    you missed only one thing. a center. thats GOTTA be on your draft board.
    YUP... THANKS!

(I'm at work, sorry for the brain lapse!)

PHINZ RULE!
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just wait till the off season
    Quote Quote