Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baz needs advice again......

1. -1
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Baz needs advice again......

The soap opera that is my dating life continues. When we last left off, Amanda and I had broken it off and I was a mess. She started seeing someone new, and I did my own thing. After several failed dating stints (the best of which was a girl who ended up being married but never told me :eek: ), I decided to just screw it and focus on school and football. I got pretty involved in the psychology department, and have little free time even now that the season is over......

Fast forward to two weeks ago. Amanda and I started somewhat talking again. Anyways, I started to get a little vibe from her, so I ask her to have lunch with me so we can talk about things. The original purpose of this lunch was for me to tell her that I needed her in my life, even if its just as a friend. By the end of the lunch, I find out that not only is she not happy with this guy she is seeing, but she dropped a few not-so-subtle hints that she may still have feelings for me. After a few days of pondering the situation over, I decide that I need to say something to her about how I feel, even if it ultimately leads to nothing but disappointment. So I ask her to come to dinner with me, just one last time. She said sure, and we decided to wait a few days to set the day and time. The next day, she came by to borrow my UNM parking pass, and she tells me her and the guy are breaking up......

Fast forward to now. I've been getting mixed signals from her the past few days. Sometimes she is hot, sometimes she is cold. The dinner is this friday. I'm not really sure what to think here. Those of you that know me know that this girl was my very life for about a year. I'm pretty nervous about whats going to happen. I wonder if I'm doing the right thing by pursuing this sometimes. Am I just setting myself up for heartbreak again? I've always lived my life by following my heart, and thats what I'm doing here. Any advice, and pointers, anything at all that anyone has to say is very wanted and welcome. Thanks in advance......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester NY/ Dayton Ohio for school
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say go for it baby
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you want to play games, play hard to get. Absence seems to make the heart grow fonder in her case, time heals all wounds in yours.

Keep the same dynamic, stay detached.

If she wants you bad enough, you'll find out, if she doesn't your heart is still safe.

If you don't want to play games, ignore every bit of "advice" you get and just let things happen naturally.

See how it plays out one day at a time.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ask her to marry you

OR

What inFINS said!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you don't want to play games, ignore every bit of "advice" you get and just let things happen naturally.

That is the best advice anyone can give.........
    Keep your chin up Baz.....
    Just about any day that you are hiking is A good day
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    Ask her to marry you

:roflmao:
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inFINSible
    :yeahthat: :calm: :yes:
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out of my G**D*** mind
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dated a girl on and off through out highschool and college. one minute she liked me and the next it seemed she could careless about me. we kept breaking and getting back together. the funny thing is she never broke up with me i was the one that always called it off, but she had a way of making me do it by just flat out ignoring me till i got mad and broke it off. well after years of this i finally decided that i had had enough of it and wasn't going to call her anymore. so after a little timed passed i got a phone call from her telling me how she loved me and all that, so now we have been married for 9 years.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    Ask her to marry you

OR

What inFINS said!

:roflmao:

On a serious note, dont do what clumpy said!

Well Im not as old as some of these guys, but im a lil older than you and ill tell you what I do....... so far its worked.

I dated 5 chicks in college and so far 2-3 (depending on your definition) outta college. You gotta experience a handful of women before you know what you want and you know what to look for. (like a good personality, intelliegence, nice tits, and lips that scream INSERT HERE.)

Lessons Ive learned:
    Women want what they cant have.
    If shes into you, she WILL pursue you. (MOST IMPORTANT!)
    You only know what you want from a women after you have experienced a buffet of women and know what you like.

With that said, since I dont know your dating history, I would just say play it cool. Dont play games with her but I wouldnt go confessing my love over a cheeseburger dinner. Take things a day at a time, if you dont expect anything you can NEVER be disappointed. Your the man, you should have the upper hand, NEVER show your cards unless you know she is the one you want to marry.

Good luck bro-- use your heart and senses play it smart but dont play games.
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    having trouble breathing

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Philter is right. Do not get all googoo'd and profess your love over dinner. I know it's hard not to, but try to look at the big picture here. If you want this girl to be in your life, you must play this thing smart. It's not about playing "games" or being real.

Just like most people, females want what they think they can't have. Make her want it. If she says she wants to hook up, tell her you have to think about it. It'll drive her insane. Show some interest, but keep her guessing. Take the upper hand.

I have plenty anecdotal evidence that this approach works, but I wont bore you with that now. Trust me, it works. I know, I did it wrong for too long when I was younger.
    Quote Quote