Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bates 10x greater than wannstedt.

1. -1
    Logic, rarely used on here.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Pierce
    Thanks / No Thanks

bates 10x greater than wannstedt.

i dont know how many of you out there feel the same way, but i like this bates guy. the excitement he brings to the players on this team speaks volumes. i hope he has the opportunity to have a HC job here in Miami or somewhere, i think a guy like him deserves it. he reminds me of dick vermeil.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phish Phan In Philly

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnhedd
    i dont know how many of you out there feel the same way, but i like this bates guy. the excitement he brings to the players on this team speaks volumes. i hope he has the opportunity to have a HC job here in Miami or somewhere, i think a guy like him deserves it. he reminds me of dick vermeil.
    i couldnt agree with you more, this guy brings a swagger, i hope we find a way to keep him even if saban comes
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnhedd
    More like 1000.000.000.000.000X greater !!

Marino1983
    Flashback,, the billys offense scored 21 points in the first quarter,,NOTHING the rest of the game!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love his energy, but I think the biggest thing is he is letting his coaches coach! I think Wanny handcuffed them all by making them play his way. The offense has opened up (Trestman??) the O-line has played better ETC...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marino1983
    More like 1000.000.000.000.000X greater !!

Marino1983
    Damn someone beat me to it.....10x is a HUGE understatement
    Quote Originally Posted by fint0xicated
    I hate this whole UPS reference logo thing. Hopefully Ronnie's nothing like them. They don't deliver on sundays....
    Mod Edit: Max Sig Size 400x300, 40kb
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that the team just seems to have more energy with Wanny gone. We are actually passing on 1st down and throwing stuff in to throw defenses off a little. I was so tired of seeing Wanny run, run, and more run offense. Good riddance!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smackdab in the middle of Hoosierland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A car that is only 10X better than a Yugo still isnt gonna win any races.

Bates is IMMEASURABLY better than Wannabe...and I think Saban is even better still.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Run to Daylight

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [Disclaimer] I think Jim Bates has been solid as an interim HC. I am not Anti-Bates. I repeat, I am not Anti-Bates. [/Disclaimer]

Im a bit wary of peoples knee-jerk reactions to Jim Bates. Sure, Bates has been a breath of fresh air, but is he really the answer to all our problems? The last time he was the head coach of any football team was 20 years ago - in the USFL. There were numerous times over the last two years that people were calling for his head after we gave up big leads late in the year.

Its easy to be a fan favorite when you are replacing the most hated coach in team history - however it doesnt mean that you have the necessary credentials to lead the team fulltime. After the roller-coaster-ride that Death Spiral Dave led us on over the last four years, I would be very hesitant to give Jim Bates the job based on a last-gasp victory over the Patriots.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My questions to Jim Bates would be this:

1. Are you going to show loyalty to the guys that need to be replaced on the offensive staff? I would worry that he may show loyalty to guys like Tony Wise and Chris Foerster and keep them.

Now, my personal opinion of what his answer would be is that he would make changes. I believe he would make Trestman the OC and promote Dellenbach to OL coach. Of course, I really have no basis other than a gut feeling to think that.

2. I'm a little concerned that he let a player twist his arm into going against a decision he had previously made. Why did he let Sammy Knight's fit dictate what he did with Yeremiah Bell? Is this something that would be a one time instance, or is this a potential problem that will come to light down the road? Jim came up with the idea to play Yeremiah Bell 1 quarter at strong safety and 1 quarter at free safety, and he let a veteran player's outburst get to him, changing his mind. One thing I know about Nick Saban is this. That would have never happened under his watch. I'm just concerned that Jim may be a little to buddy, buddy with his players. Not to the extent that Dave was, but enough that it is a sign of concern.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Surferosa
    [Disclaimer] I think hes been solid as an interim HC. I am not Anti-Bates. I repeat, I am not Anti-Bates. [/Disclaimer]

Im a bit wary of peoples knee-jerk reactions to Jim Bates. Sure, Bates has been a breath of fresh air, but is he really the answer to all our problems? The last time he was the head coach of any football team was 20 years ago - in the USFL. There were numerous times over the last two years that people were calling for his head after we gave up big leads late in the year.

Its easy to be a fan favorite when you are replacing the most hated coach in team history - however it doesnt mean that you have the necessary credentials to lead the team fulltime. After the roller-coaster-ride that Death Spiral Dave led us on over the last four years, I would be very hesitant to give Jim Bates the job based on a last-gasp victory over the Patriots.

No one said he is god....I just happen to think he is infinitely better than Wannstedt....which he is
    Quote Quote