Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Enforcement - Please Read

1. -51
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ErroneousFlint
    ok. i'm serious about this. sexual orientation meaning slagging someone with a three letter word that starts with f and ends with g?
    cuz i just got a PM referring to a certain thread a little time back, haha, anyway...... but it had more to do with sexual content and not sexual orientation.

set me straight here. no pun intended.
    You know the answer so why ask the question?
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!

2. -52
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's really no big deal.

There are other ways to take someone off their soap box without calling them _ _ _.

3. -53
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Allentown, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck
    This isn't a big deal IMO. And I don't understand why some are making it out to be. Unless you're an out-and-out racist/biggot or a part of your hourly thought process, this should barely register a blip in the radar.
    I guess the only reason a few of us have replied is that we may not know exactly what precipitated this. I for one don't know which poster or what thread caused the controversy, so I don't know what we are supposed to be avoiding, exactly.

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Scraps final thought: This is a football messageboard, let's just do without making offensive statements geared towards ANY group. Even though I probably share many of the feelings that the majority of you do on the subject of sexual orientation, I do feel it's best to just treat everyone the same,reguardless. I am more than happy to follow the terms of service in order to remain a member of this forum.

As a side note (or question), shouldn't this be an allowable topic, when handled respectably, in the political/war forum? Keyword, of course, being "respectably". (Not a bash the (fill in unnecessary word) thread.) I think this could be a good way to allow people to grow up, yet express their thoughts on the matter in a polite way.

5. -55
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its sad that we even have to have this discussion, that there have been this many posts questioning it. This is a great site for talking football and bringing up out opinions about the team. I too was getting tired of reading the stupid threads that have no other point than to put people down or make a stupid joke. Dont get me wrong, Im all for the funny stuff on the board sometimes....but there's no need to do anything that might offend anyone else.

6. -56
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1
    Wow. This is great. I could see the day where this will be a board where nobody ever has to hear anything offensive and nobody will ever have their feelings hurt. Wouldn't that be swell!!

And we would all sit on a huge circular couch watching the fins on a giant plasma TV and all the chicks from the ladies lounge will serve us steaks and beer in boob shaped glasses while walking around in victorias secret lacey bras and thongs......

end sarcasm. This world my friend does not exist. The way the world is today, everyone gets offended by everything so the best thing you can do is just try to contain it, but you can never eliminate it......

7. -57
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=Philter25]

And we would all sit on a huge circular couch watching the fins on a giant plasma TV and all the chicks from the ladies lounge will serve us steaks and beer in boob shaped glasses while walking around in victorias secret lacey bras and thongs......

[QUOTE]

When will Hugh Hefner be inviting us over to watch a game?

8. -58
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    TX transplanted from FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philter25

Obviously you've never been to my crib.

Quote of the Day:

"Profanity, personal attacks and name-calling are the frustrated attempts of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully." .... My Dear Departed Granddaddy

9. -59
    Over the Hill Gang

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Corning, N.Y.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Football talk, bottom line.

10. -60
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaciousOne
    Obviously you've never been to my crib.

Quote of the Day:

"Profanity, personal attacks and name-calling are the frustrated attempts of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully." .... My Dear Departed Granddaddy
    I'm there!!!!
    Time To Ski