Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Everyone Read THIS. (EDIT: CLEANED)

1. -41
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchTime
    BTW I dont want to take away from the spirit of this thread which is to collect funds for the victims of the tsunami so if you want to delete my posts feel free to do so.I regret I posted it because the topic has nothing to do with a football team MB and personal eperiences really dont belong..They are just that.Personal experiences to be shared with family and friends.
    Hey, you're posts are ALL THE MORE REASON for people to post and ALL THE MORE REASON to donate. The thread has nothing to do with a football MB thread but then 150,000+ people being killed by freak waves have nothing to do with everyday life normally.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Marino HOF 2005

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rockville, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Crunch, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I was at the Fins-Ravens game today and the Red Cross was collecting cash outside the stadium. I was happy to donate as were many others; the total collected was $75,000 just at one stadium (the Ravens kicked in $25,000). I hope other teams did the same today.

Your posts should not be deleted. I like to think of all FH'ers as 'family' and the enormity of what happened transcends football by leaps and bounds. You needed to share your experience and you should feel like it's okay to do it here. God speed to your cousin (hopefully with a safe return).
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I donated to the Red Cross at the Ravens/Finz game today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fint0xicated
    I hate this whole UPS reference logo thing. Hopefully Ronnie's nothing like them. They don't deliver on sundays....
    Mod Edit: Max Sig Size 400x300, 40kb
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My cousin was on her honeymoon and she is still missing.Her husband went jogging and saved himself but they cant find her .Its very tragic.

My God Crunch, I'm very sorry. I will pray for you and your family.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWrongstedt
    My God Crunch, I'm very sorry. I will pray for you and your family.
    Thanks for your donations and prayers.

I am sad to report her body was found in a morgue.My uncle had given up hope of finding her so at least this gives some closure to the tragedy.The family will be giving her a proper funeral.

Please donate whatever you can to help the survivors.There are approx.150.000 people reported as casualties,millions have been left homeless and have lost all of their possesions.Many are in danger of starvation and contracting diseases.These numbers are bound to go up as statistics are compiled.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry to hear this CrunchTime...my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for your donations and prayers.

I am sad to report her body was found in a morgue.My uncle had given up hope of finding her so at least this gives some finality to the tragedy.The family will be giving her a proper funeral.

Please donate whatever you can to help the survivors.There are approx.150.000 people reported as casualties,millions have been left homeless and have lost all of their possesions.Many are in danger of starvation and contracting diseases.These numbers are bound to go up as statistics are compiled.

Very sorry again Crunch. I donated to the Red Cross last night after reading throught his thread. My prayers to you and your family.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPhinfan86
    This is what boils my blood. There is a Republican rich girl I know who tried to defend Bush on the basis of the Iraq War. She talked until she was blue in the face about helping the Iraqis yet she had absolutley NO IDEA that the death toll for Americans had surpassed 1,000 troops. She was oblivious to the armor shortage on the humvee convoys. You're 100% right about this with some people. They use it to argue for the election and when it's done it's done. Some people are just plain ignorant. I asked her last week if she had any knowledge of the mortar that hit the American mess hall killing over 20 troops.....I recieved a blank stare. My point is that there are a few people who are completely out of touch with the situation in Iraq. Even i'm not as informed as I think i'd like to be. I think that it is important for the American public to see the number of caskets that arrive stateside with our nations flag drapped over them. When you actually see the number of dead in a tangible form it gives amazing perspective. Like the fact that the U.S. lost a grand total of 28,686 men on Iwo Jima. To me each one of those are my 4 friends serving in Iraq and my best friend who is in the Marines. The Japanese lost approximately 20,000 troops at Iwo Jima. Sorry for dragging on but for some people to be completely unaware of 150,000 deaths is shocking. Then there are some who just see it as a figure. Great point Terry.
    Why must you people (Yes, Terry included) turn this thread into a political debate?

This thread was about loss of life, not shortage of armor and other things.

Back on to subject. My heart goes out to the families of anyone who experienced this tragic event or lost anyone to it. The picture of dead children being carried by their parent has just simply ripped my heart out.

I will not even try to pretend I grasp what has happened there and what those people went through.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im sorry i dont have money i spent it all on my basebal cards but maybe i will give some after my allowance
    Now that's a nice kid whose mom should be proud.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    The Only Fin Fan in SD

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks

"And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: I served in the United States Navy" John F. Kennedy :navy:
    Quote Quote