8 pm Update: I feel fine, with the exception of this whole throat thing. I can talk fine but it probably would not last more than five minutes without some obvious discomfort and coughing. According to the Doctor's office I become "decontagious" within a couple of days, which SHOULD mean that Drew will not be affected if he's in the studio with me friday evening, but right now he can still get Strep. So we're being cautious. Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to hear from all of you friday....

First off, let me begin by saying that if there are any weeks where we would not be able to have a radio show, this would NOT be one. Unfortunately I now accompany the Finheaven's "Injured List" with "Strep-like symptoms". I went to the doctor today and she checked out what felt like a grapefruit in my throat. I feel absolutely fine right now besides that, so like I said, it's still early. To make a long story short, I just downed six small pills and one pill that looked like an elephant tranquilizer. The six were to bring down the swelling, and the other one was to combat what looked like strep throat. For the dedicated listeners that have heard me on the air with a sore throat, that's about as painful to the ears as it is to me physically. This would only be worse....There also is the fact that Strep is highly contagious and being that I work in close proximity with my co-host, out of respect for him I don't want to expose him to Strep, cause that is not fun.

For my closing quote, I now have something in common with Jason Giambi. We have both taken steroids (cept mine were oral LEGAL steroids)

Thank you,

TerryTate