Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 FinHeaven Salary Cap Chart UPDATED

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Which pasrt counts against the cap? Salary Cap?
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    next generation

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NaboCane
    Muck: I want you to know that the work you guys put into maintaining this is very much appreciated.
    butt kisser . Just kidding
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Da 'Fins
    I know that - it's been pretty common knowledge for a few years - in fact, I've read that in the Herald several times. The question is - how do you know the Herald is counting those players against the cap - since no one does? And, I don't see the NFLPA doing this either - since it's a non-factor as far as the league rules are concerned.

It may be true, and the numbers roughly work out - but do you have evidence that this is what the Herald has done or is it an assumption?
    You are correct, I should have made my statement as an assumption of an error by the Herald and not fact. The numbers closely work out and I just trust Clumpy more than anything the Herald puts out.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    You are correct, I should have made my statement as an assumption of an error by the Herald and not fact. The numbers closely work out and I just trust Clumpy more than anything the Herald puts out.

Stop it, you're making me blush! :cool:
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, Clumpy.

I also emailed Jason Cole directly to try and find out if his numbers are from all contracts or top 51. Wanted to know because like Da'Fins said, that 5 million difference is huge.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    Sorry, Clumpy.

I also emailed Jason Cole directly to try and find out if his numbers are from all contracts or top 51. Wanted to know because like Da'Fins said, that 5 million difference is huge.

I suspect probably that I'm missing some roster bonuses and/or LTBE incentives as well the fact he may not be adjusting for top 51. Some combination
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    I suspect probably that I'm missing some roster bonuses and/or LTBE incentives as well the fact he may not be adjusting for top 51. Some combination
    After further reveiw, don't think my top 51 defense of the FinHeaven cap page will hold up. The article was posted on January 7th, before most (if not all) of those 17 non-51 guys were even signed. If Jason Cole responds with any more info on bonuses I'll let you know.

:dunce:
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It wouldn't be the first time we've made a mistake. But it wouldn't be the first time the Herald was wrong on the cap either. Actually, we've been right more than they have. Either way, the cap page will become more accurate as the offseason wears on.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Phin DieHard!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    His cap number is over $3 million. He has steroid problems and a history of a bad attitude......release him and say if you want to stay with us....vets minimum. However, IMHO, he's a ticking time bomb.
    I know not many people may agree but IF (big IF) he is healthy he is one of the best WR's in the game hands down. IF his weight stays to where it was last year he is one of the fastest and biggest receivers on the field - too tough to cover. HIs problem has been getting too big and staying healthy. During camp the reports were guys were stopping to watch him he was that good. How can you cut him unless you were saving big $. 3M/yr for a #1 WR is very cheap. I say you have to give him another year - it buys you nothing to get rid of him and the upside is scary. Chambers is not at this guys level if he is healthy - he just tore up the league back in Arizona when healthy. And he had Jake throwing to him on one of the worst teams in the league. I'd love to see what he could do if healthy - from what they said nobody worked harder.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    With Clumpy, Muck, and Boomer I trust FinHeaven a lot more than i do Cole and the Herald.
    Keep up the great work guys!!!
    Quote Quote