Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: 2005 FinHeaven Salary Cap Chart UPDATED

1. -101
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    Confusing is appropriate Merman.
    The most confusing headache giving section has to be the Deion rule.

Enjoy: :roflmao:

* [A]ny multi-year Player Contract not unconditionally approved by the Commissioner as of the date hereof, other than any multi-year Player Contract executed in the last Capped Year of this Agreement, that extends from a Capped Year into any Uncapped Year (hereinafter “Subject Contract”). For purposes of determining Team Salary, if (i) the sum of the player’s Paragraph 5 Salary, roster bonuses that are based upon the player making any of the Club’s roster categories without limitation, and reporting bonuses during all Capped Years of the Subject Contract (but, if there are fewer than three remaining Capped Years, during the first three years of the Subject Contract) in the aggregate less than (ii) the portion of the Subject Contract’s signing bonus that would be allocated to those League Years if the signing bonus were prorated equally over the term of the Subject Contract, then: the difference between the amounts calculated pursuant to (ii) and (i) of this sentence, up to 50% of the portion of the signing bonus that would otherwise be allocated to the Uncapped Years (the “Difference”), shall be deducted in equal portions from those Uncapped Years and reallocated1 in equal portions over the Capped Years of the Subject Contract (or, if there are fewer than three Capped Years within the term of the Subject Contract, over the first three years of the Subject Contract). For purposes of this Paragraph, a renegotiation shall be treated as if it is an entirely new Player Contract. Notwithstanding the above, any Subject Contract executed prior to November 15, 1995 for which there is a Difference as a result of the calculation set forth above

Page 101

shall have the 1995 portion of such Difference allocated to 1995 Team Salary to the extent of the Club’s current and any future Room during the 1995 regular season (except such Room that results from the termination or renegotiation of a 1995 Player Contract after October 30, 1995), with the balance to be allocated to the 1996 League Year. Further, any Subject Contract executed between November 15, 1995 and the end of the 1995 League Year shall have the 1995 portion of any Difference allocated to the 1996 League Year.

*Side Letter 11/1/95: Sec. 1
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't have the strength :rofl:
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The 5 million wasn't guaranteed?

Another negative against us being able to prorate the 5 million early, the Herald states this as a fact.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/10586490.htm

As Clumpy said... :hitself:
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    The 5 million wasn't guaranteed?

Another negative against us being able to prorate the 5 million early, the Herald states this as a fact.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/10586490.htm

As Clumpy said... :hitself:
    What are you talking about???
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    He's not on the cap page because he's an unrestricted FA. No FAs, regardless of which type, is on the page until they are either re-signed or tendered
    Some rule that says a cap chart can't show the signing status of the team's players???
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman
    What are you talking about???
    From the beginning my question was why we couldn't prorate CC's 5 million roster bonus (saving 4 million against the cap) as early as possible. Other posters stated changing a roster bonus to signing bonus would count as a restructure, which they also stated wasn't possible.

If yes, gives Saban a lot more flexibility. Can get under cap with 3 moves, CC's 4 million cap savings plus cutting Fiedler & Seau using Clumpy's cap info. If Herald's info is surprisingly correct, add 2 more moves in cutting Boston & Freeman.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    From the beginning my question was why we couldn't prorate CC's 5 million roster bonus (saving 4 million against the cap) as early as possible. Other posters stated changing a roster bonus to signing bonus would count as a restructure, which they also stated wasn't possible.

If yes, gives Saban a lot more flexibility. Can get under cap with 3 moves, CC's 4 million cap savings plus cutting Fiedler & Seau using Clumpy's cap info. If Herald's info is surprisingly correct, add 2 more moves in cutting Boston & Freeman.
    Maybe you didn't notice my post. I answered your question about being able to restructure or renegotiate contracts and quoted the rules so you could verify it for yourself. I even gave a previous example.

I realize most have no patience but the New Year starts March 1st when all the rules take effect for that year. That statement may seem obvious but many don't realize that taking total payroll when there are more than 51 players signed and stating that total payroll is over the cap is a bit misleading. It could be misleading from $3 to $5 million. The reason we don't know for sure IMO is due to the reporting. Have you noticed the contract details fans of other teams have???

It is fun discussing cap moves but the truth is the Dolphins will easily be under the cap with a few moves as Cole reports. Any veteran's contract can be restructured or any player released. With knowledge of Salary Cap rules one can usually make educated guesses but as Clump learned last year you never know for sure what will happen.

Clump's cap chart and mine are both accurate enough to make intelligent decisions concerning the business part of player evaluations. As most know and some still have to learn it takes talent, money and a player's character to come to personnel decisions that make sense.
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman
    Maybe you didn't notice my post. I answered your question about being able to restructure or renegotiate contracts and quoted the rules so you could verify it for yourself. I even gave a previous example.

I realize most have no patience but the New Year starts March 1st when all the rules take effect for that year. That statement may seem obvious but many don't realize that taking total payroll when there are more than 51 players signed and stating that total payroll is over the cap is a bit misleading. It could be misleading from $3 to $5 million. The reason we don't know for sure IMO is due to the reporting. Have you noticed the contract details fans of other teams have???

It is fun discussing cap moves but the truth is the Dolphins will easily be under the cap with a few moves as Cole reports. Any veteran's contract can be restructured or any player released. With knowledge of Salary Cap rules one can usually make educated guesses but as Clump learned last year you never know for sure what will happen.

Clump's cap chart and mine are both accurate enough to make intelligent decisions concerning the business part of player evaluations. As most know and some still have to learn it takes talent, money and a player's character to come to personnel decisions that make sense.
    I've read and appreciate everything you posted. But you asked me "What are you talking about???" Didn't know exactly what you were referring to, so stated what my original question was in the CC discussion.
    Quote Quote