Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 108

Thread: 2005 FinHeaven Salary Cap Chart UPDATED

  1. -91
    Merman's Avatar
    Super Bowl MVP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    1,374
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    This should give Saban the option of freeing up Chambers money w/o having to restructure...4 million Miami needs badly.
    What are you so worried about guaranteeing a roster bonus and calling it a restructure???
    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,830
    vCash:
    1510
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman
    What are you so worried about guaranteeing a roster bonus and calling it a restructure???
    Chambers current deal can't restructure until 8/5/2005. Teams are required to wait a year after contract was signed before changes can be made in contract.
    However, if CC's 5 million roster bonus can be prorated by 3/2, that would give us 4 million in cap savings. A big help to our current cap situation.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    Clumpy's Avatar
    is Clumpalicious!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    9,330
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    Chambers current deal can't restructure until 8/5/2005. Teams are required to wait a year after contract was signed before changes can be made in contract.
    However, if CC's 5 million roster bonus can be prorated by 3/2, that would give us 4 million in cap savings. A big help to our current cap situation.


    It's more likely once per League Year, however, Chambers signed an extension, he didn't restructure, so your argument Eshlemon does not apply IMO.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    Merman's Avatar
    Super Bowl MVP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    1,374
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    Chambers current deal can't restructure until 8/5/2005. Teams are required to wait a year after contract was signed before changes can be made in contract.
    However, if CC's 5 million roster bonus can be prorated by 3/2, that would give us 4 million in cap savings. A big help to our current cap situation.
    The general rule is a contract can be renegotiated at any time with certain exceptions and these are the main three exceptions:

    1. A rookie contract cannot be renegotiated for one year or until August 1st of the next year whichever is later.

    2. A veteran player cannot renegotiate to increase salary for one year. A veteran can renegotiate to reduce salary at anytime.

    3. RFAs cannot renegotiate to reduce salary with a new club until after the trading deadline in that league year.

    Guaranteeing a bonus and prorating it is not increasing salary. It is done every year. The most notable recent example of a Dolphin guaranteeing his roster bonus in the second year is Zach Thomas.

    Section 9. Renegotiations and Extensions: Provided that all Salary Cap requirements are met, Player Contracts for current and future years may be renegotiated and/or extended except as follows:

    (a) The contract of a Veteran Player may not be renegotiated to increase the Salary to be paid to the player during the original terms of the contract for a period of twelve months after the player’s most recent contract renegotiation. The first renegotiation of a Veteran Player Contract, however, may take place at any time.

    (b) No Team and player may agree to renegotiate any term of a previously signed Player Contract for a prior League Year.

    (c) No contract renegotiations may be done for a current season after the last regular season game of that season.

    (d) A Player Contract signed by a Rookie may not be renegotiated except as provided in Article XVII (Entering Player Pool), Section 4(f).
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    slimschmittie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    24
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    cali
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    It's more likely once per League Year, however, Chambers signed an extension, he didn't restructure, so your argument Eshlemon does not apply IMO.



    ya w/e. go bills
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    J Tes's Avatar
    next generation

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    2,312
    vCash:
    2688
    Loc:
    Rottenchester
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    Why does Chamber's contract have to be restructured? Can't we prorate the bonus money when it's paid, saving 4 million on the cap?
    Yes, and thats what I'm sure they're going to do
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,830
    vCash:
    1510
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    It's more likely once per League Year, however, Chambers signed an extension, he didn't restructure, so your argument Eshlemon does not apply IMO.
    How? The nflpa info doesn't put any qualifiers on the rule. Any roster or reporting bonus paid before pre-season training camp is treated as a signing bonus. We pay CC's bonus before camp and get to prorate the 5 million bonus.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    Merman's Avatar
    Super Bowl MVP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    1,374
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    How? The nflpa info doesn't put any qualifiers on the rule. Any roster or reporting bonus paid before pre-season training camp is treated as a signing bonus. We pay CC's bonus before camp and get to prorate the 5 million bonus.
    That particular section of the CBA is more confusing than most. Did you read the next paragraph???

    * For purposes of the Salary Cap and Entering Player Pool, any roster or reporting bonus which is earned or paid before the start of the Club’s pre-season training camp shall be treated as a signing bonus.

    *Side Letter 6/23/93: Sec. 6

    * Except as set forth in [the] Paragraph [to follow], the full non-guaranteed amount of any Salary advance, off-season

    Page 104

    work-out bonus, off-season roster bonus, or off-season reporting bonus shall be included in Team Salary only in the League Year in which it is earned by the player, without any pro-ration. For purposes of this paragraph only, “guaranteed” means Salary that is fully guaranteed, prior to being earned, for skill, for injury, and regardless of any termination of the contract by the Club. The definition of “guaranteed” set forth above shall not affect Salary Cap accounting for any other purpose.

    *Side Letter 10/21/96: Sec. 1

    * With respect to any Player Contract, or any renegotiation or extension of a Player Contract, that is executed in the Final Capped Year, each of the following shall be treated as a signing bonus, at the time of execution, if it is to be earned or paid to the player in the Final League Year (which is an Uncapped Year): (a) any Salary advance which the player is not and cannot be obligated to repay; (b) any off-season workout bonus that is contingent upon the player’s participation in less than 32 days of the Club’s off-season work-out program; (c) any off-season roster bonus; and (d) any off-season reporting bonus.

    *Side Letter 10/21/96: Sec. 2
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    Clumpy's Avatar
    is Clumpalicious!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    9,330
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have a headache
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    Clumpy's Avatar
    is Clumpalicious!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    9,330
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Confusing is appropriate Merman.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. updated depth chart
    By jimi64 in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
  2. FinHeaven's 2005 Salary Cap Page Unleashed
    By Muck in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 01:38 PM
  3. FinHeaven's 2005 Salary Cap Page Unleashed
    By Muck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 01:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •