Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 FinHeaven Salary Cap Chart UPDATED

1. -21
    Prove It!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DC Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck
    Muck -

Why is Konrad's, Seau's, and Freeman's dead cap higher after 6/1? I thought after 6/1 dead cap is spead out and therefore lower????
    BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."
    - Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMiAmIDoLpHiNz
    Sheesh I never realized Fiedler was so darn expensive!:eek: Get him the heck outta here!
    What, Jay's not worth the 4th highest QB salary?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    His cap number is over $3 million. He has steroid problems and a history of a bad attitude......release him and say if you want to stay with us....vets minimum. However, IMHO, he's a ticking time bomb.
    Agree Clump...only way Saban allows Boston into camp is if he restructures big time. Besides, Boston will probably only be with us for 2005 anyway. He's scheduled to make 5 million in salary next year. Don't think Saban will restructure a longterm contract extension in 2006, which DB will want if he was kept and did well in 2005. Why give a roster spot to a player not in the teams future plans?

Expect Saban to make a lot of unpopular cuts/trades over the next 12-14 months.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Concord, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJPHINFAN
    and can I also say a hearty "see ya later" to Mr. Arturo Freeman?
    Disagree with you on BOston, but I didn't realize how much Freeman costs us. Dump him. Damn he's expensive for his talent level. I wish we could cut Mare without taking such a big hit. He's the 2nd most overpaid guy on the team behind Fiedler.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good God we overpay people...
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Let the New Era begin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that Miami overpays a lot of players on this team. it's no wonder why everyone wants to play for Miami. they take care of you in Miami
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Freeman signed a back loaded contract. It is not like Miami paid Freeman 3 million a year. It was understood when he signed this contract that he will have to renegotiate to stay on the team.
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Clumpy!

Yesterday, some idiot on sports radio down here was saying how he thinks we'll cut or trade Surtain, Madison, and Zach. And, how he think Sam and Pat will both be in Green Bay this year b/c of Bates.
    How in the world are these dumb a*@$! allowed on the radio? Better yet, who pays these guys?
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDaveInATX
    I predict that by the end of the month, Miami will be at least $10 million under the salary cap.

RELEASE: Fiedler, Konrad, McIntosh, Seau, Freeman

RESTRUCTURE OR RELEASE: Boston, Thompson, D. Bowens

TRADE: Surtain

JUNE 1 CUT: T. Bowens (that cap savings is what we'll use to extend McMichael)

We may also restructure Marty Booker if we can't clear enough room otherwise, but I don't see any chance of him not being in a Miami uniform in 2005.
    I appreciate the cap work on this site, but the Herald has Miami at $102 Million and $17 million over - not the $11 Million over figure on this site. $1 Million of that difference is in cap estimates ($85 versus $86 Million). But that's still a big discrepancy. They get their estimates from the NFL Players Association.

This is the site:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/10586490.htm
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Dolphins Homer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.F. Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand why many of you want to cut both Boston and Booker? That would leave us with Chambers and not much else. Booker deserves to stay and Boston will most likely renegotiate. His "steroid" test that he failed wasn't even due to steroids. When healthy, he is great. We gave up next to nothing for him and if we can have him back cheap, I say keep him.
    Quote Quote