Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2005 FinHeaven Salary Cap Chart UPDATED

1. -81
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumpy
    He's not on the cap page because he's an unrestricted FA. No FAs, regardless of which type, is on the page until they are either re-signed or tendered
    Hey Clumpy I need your insight. If you go to www.foxsports.com and look the Dolphins, they are saying that Surtain may not be the only one to be traded. They are saying that Madison could go as well with only 180,000 hit against the cap. This can't be right Clumpy? My understanding that due to his contract we would take a big cap hit. Please shed some light on this.
    Thanks!:beerbang:

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -82
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali
    Hey Clumpy I need your insight. If you go to www.foxsports.com and look the Dolphins, they are saying that Surtain may not be the only one to be traded. They are saying that Madison could go as well with only 180,000 hit against the cap. This can't be right Clumpy? My understanding that due to his contract we would take a big cap hit. Please shed some light on this.
    Thanks!:beerbang:

I'm at work......give me a few minutes to crunch the numbers on my slide rule
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Clumpy! You are alright for a Bills fan!
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clumpy if you ever make it out here on the Left coast, beers are on me!:xii:
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Converting the roster bonus to signing bonus is still considered a restructuring
    When Chambers signed his 6 yr/30 million contract it included a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Was under impression this years 5 million bonus was the 2nd installment of the signing bonus, which was broken up for salary cap reasons. If the 1rst signing bonus payment was prorated, we should be able to prorate the 2nd installment.

Late and tired. Will try to verify everything I said from memory asap.
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Cole sez it will cost an additional $180,000, my numbers say $1,294,645. I have adjusted for the top 51 rule, he likely has not. So, add $305,000 to his number and you get $485,000. $1,294,645 - $485,000 = $809,645 further difference. That's a few dollars short of $270,000/yr remaining on Madison's deal. It is likely due to bonus amortization discrepancies. Who's more accurate? I would like to believe that I am but that could also be wishful thinking.

I'll check into this more when I get home from work
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon
    When Chambers signed his 6 yr/30 million contract it included a 12 million dollar signing bonus. Was under impression this years 5 million bonus was the 2nd installment of the signing bonus, which was broken up for salary cap reasons. If the 1rst signing bonus payment was prorated, we should be able to prorate the 2nd installment.

Late and tired. Will try to verify everything I said from memory asap.

Information I have was $5.5 million signing bonus over 6 yrs with $500,000 roster bonus in 2004 and $5 million roster in 2005. That's $11 million guaranteed.

Link to your info?
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Information I have was $5.5 million signing bonus over 6 yrs with $500,000 roster bonus in 2004 and $5 million roster in 2005. That's $11 million guaranteed.

Link to your info?
    Looked up info and you're correct, the 5 million is listed a roster bonus. But while searching did find some information on roster bonuses which could help the Dolphins. This site states a guaranteed roster bonus is treated as a signing bonus.

http://www.afl.atfreeweb.com/AFL/NFL...0Cap%20101.htm

Don't know if site is credible, ever heard of Ron Del Duca?

Edit: Also found some good info at nflpa.com, Collective Bargaining Agreement, page 103:
    "* For the purposes of the Salary Cap and Entering Player Pool, any roster or reporting bonus which is earned or paid before the start of the Club's pre-season training camp shall be treated as a signing bonus."

This should give Saban the option of freeing up Chambers money w/o having to restructure...4 million Miami needs badly.
    Quote Quote  

9. -89
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Cole sez it will cost an additional $180,000, my numbers say $1,294,645. I have adjusted for the top 51 rule, he likely has not. So, add $305,000 to his number and you get $485,000. $1,294,645 - $485,000 = $809,645 further difference. That's a few dollars short of $270,000/yr remaining on Madison's deal. It is likely due to bonus amortization discrepancies. Who's more accurate? I would like to believe that I am but that could also be wishful thinking.

I'll check into this more when I get home from work
    A little harried at work??? Maybe we should add the $305k to your amount since you subtracted it and then subtract Cole's figure???

Needless exercise as that $180k figure has to be a typo error. Here is something that Cole wrote on the sugject.

Q.

What's the comparison of dead cap $'s for 2005 for trading Madison vs. Surtain?
    Doug Thews, Colleyville, TX 2/07/05

A.

Surtain is $2.1 million. Madison would be about $3 million
    Jason Cole 2/07/05
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...list&pageNo=17

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=15

Fantasy news in the lower left corner of the page.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madison has much more than $3 million dead cap
    Quote Quote