Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Rookie Linebacker, Rookie QB: Who''d be the bigger bust?

  1. -1
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,726
    vCash:
    8936
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Rookie Linebacker, Rookie QB: Who''d be the bigger bust?

    Here's an interesting topic.......... Who would be the bigger bust, a rookie linebacker or a rookie quarterback? Let's say that their drafted in the Top 5 or Top 10.

    Personally, it's not even close. Given the massive importance inherently and blatantly placed upon the QB postion, they are by far and away the bigger busts.............this barring that it's not a No.1 pick. Any No.1 pick who doesn't make it is a massive bust.

    This argument was brought to me by another poster in a thread about what we should do with our pick and the LB Derrick Johnson of Texas and QB's Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers were some of the names thrown around.

    So second question I guess, who'd be the bigger bust if they failed........Smith, Rodgers, or Johnson?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,198
    vCash:
    129725
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I would say Linebacker. QBs, even top picks, take a few years to develop.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,726
    vCash:
    8936
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7
    I would say Linebacker. QBs, even top picks, take a few years to develop.
    Wow, really?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    NIMA's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    208
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rookie quarterback, there is just more pressure on them and more for them to live up to. The quarterback basically has to be one of THE best players on the team. In addition, there is much more focus on them for having a mediocre game than if a LB was. I'd say the rookie QB is easily the higher bust in the probability charts.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,726
    vCash:
    8936
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NIMA
    Rookie quarterback, there is just more pressure on them and more for them to live up to. The quarterback basically has to be one of THE best players on the team. In addition, there is much more focus on them for having a mediocre game than if a LB was. I'd say the rookie QB is easily the higher bust in the probability charts.
    I'm with you.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    NaboCane's Avatar
    I'm on my comma

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    23,460
    vCash:
    1412
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd say they're about equal.

    Think about it: we remember the Aundray Bruces and Brian Bosworths right alongside the Ryan Leafs and Rick Mirers, don't we?

    Maybe you just hit on two of the highest-profile positions in this discussion.


    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    enigmatics's Avatar
    Go get me a juice box!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    6,726
    vCash:
    8936
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NaboCane
    I'd say they're about equal.

    Think about it: we remember the Aundray Bruces and Brian Bosworths right alongside the Ryan Leafs and Rick Mirers, don't we?

    Maybe you just hit on two of the highest-profile positions in this discussion.
    I think that in determing the bigger bust, you have to look at the magnitude of the position. That's why I believe QB would be a bigger bust.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    6,248
    vCash:
    1147
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmatics
    Here's an interesting topic.......... Who would be the bigger bust, a rookie linebacker or a rookie quarterback? Let's say that their drafted in the Top 5 or Top 10.

    Personally, it's not even close. Given the massive importance inherently and blatantly placed upon the QB postion, they are by far and away the bigger busts.............this barring that it's not a No.1 pick. Any No.1 pick who doesn't make it is a massive bust.

    This argument was brought to me by another poster in a thread about what we should do with our pick and the LB Derrick Johnson of Texas and QB's Alex Smitha and Aaron Rodgers were some of the names thrown around.
    My comment was specific to those players, not generalities about the positions. I mentioned specific traits that are predictive of success that those players possessed. If you want to know which player is under more pressure, it's the QB. But pressure doesn't equal bust to me.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Derrick Johnson probably won't be a bust. Outside linebacker relies far too much on talent to produce too many busts.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,218
    vCash:
    1086
    Thanks / No Thanks
    top 10 drafted rookie linebackers are most probibly starting top 10 QBs will be on back up for alot of the year. Look at eli manning. It has taken hm time to develop but he has and he is going towards being a great QB
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. what rookie has the biggest impact?what rookie wont crack the 53 man?
    By allsilverdreams in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. 3 Top Rookie Anti Bust Thread
    By Mcganiel in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 04:18 PM
  3. Chargers rookie linebacker Anthony Waters arrested
    By TotoreMexico in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 01:07 PM
  4. Dolphins rookie Wright excels at linebacker
    By MDFINFAN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •